Author Topic: Image editing program  (Read 4127 times)

Re: Image editing program
What program to use, simply depends of what you wanna do with it. Of course, more advanced programs take more time to learn.
From simple stuff to advanced use:
- MS Paint
- Paint.NET
- GIMP

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'm lucky that I started learning Photoshop back in edition 3-4, I'm not sure I could use it nowadays without the previous knowledge, they've created a monster in many ways :(

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Gimp's ui is very similar to photoshops. If it's confusing, then learn how to use the program (these are rather advanced programs for power users, so really i don't expect anyone to just dive in and start using it and be comfortable). When i transitioned from photoshop to gimp, i didn't have a single problem.

Which is a shame cos I'm a retard at photoshop and it doesn't seem to want to run on my computer despite the 3GB ram. Thing about image editing programs too is I never seem to have images to edit. :) If the time comes when I really do need a picture/avatar etc. edited professionally I'll be a pest and ask here.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
For ****s and giggles. which os do you run? The only os i couldn't install photoshop on was windows server 2003, only because the installer said "you can't install on this os", even though in reality the program would run just fine on that os.

I'm just asking because i'm curious. For the most part i don't have many images to edit myself or that i want to edit. I usually just pull a fast cropping, change in resolution, image format, and image compression.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
I use Vista SP2. I can't remember what went wrong it was installing fine and then just spat an error message out. Likewise I usually just change resolution and most of the time using paint. :)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Rofl, sounds like a ***** and a half. Oh well.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.