Author Topic: RELEASE - MediaVP 3.6.8 Zeta  (Read 191333 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Re: DUDE - MediaVP 3.6.8 Zeta
Default, as in, the ones off the cd that came with the video card, or default as in, the ones from the OS? Because afaik, the 9600 doesn't have a M$ default driver unless they slipped one in to SP4 that I'm not aware of. (I'm running XP myself, so....)

If you want to try an older version of the catalyst drivers or want the last version of the ATI Control Panel (vs. the .Net Control Center) I have 4.9 through to 6.4 on my HDD. I only suggest that as I've had nothing but problems with anything past 5.7 but I kept all the drivers I tested with before I settled on 4.12.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Slime

• Mucous-y
I'm having some model problems. The Fenris & Leviathan models seem to be missing the radar dish and a target box model view.

EDIT: Wait a sec, I was reading a thread, and it seems the R-dish has been turned into a command bridge?! It just looks plain wierd to me. The targeting problem, homewer, is still active. I also noticed that my model has no turrets, and the lower missile turret is only partially visible.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 11:13:33 am by Slime »

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Err, the Fenris/levvy definitely still have their radar dishes. Are you sure you haven't got any bogus Fenris/levvy models floating around your data directory? Cos unless you're missing something like the -jpgtga command line, that's the only thing I can think of that would cause something like that.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
A corrupt IBX file can cause that to happen.  Try using the -noibx option for a quick test of that theory.  If that fixes it then delete all IBX files that you have (in data/cache/ and the same in mod directories).

Offline Slime

• Mucous-y
It seems I had forgotten to remove some models which I was testing on when I was using 3.6.8 Delta files. Thanks for pointing it out.

Hmm, whats wrong with the Hecate in 3.6.8 Zeta? Sorry if this has been discussed before, but some of the textures look like white placeholder to me, or at least, very different from the original. No offence to the texture/modeller. Also, the Mjolnir weapons platform has similarly different texture, though in this case it looked kinda cool, unlike the dark original. Checked and I'm not using mv_cell. Here's a small pic. Otherwise, excellent model and texture pack overall.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"No papers. State to state."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That looks like ambient is turned up WAY too high.  I don't know what's causing that unless you are still using -cell (which I didn't even think worked any more), but that shouldn't be happening under normal circumstances.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

All other ships appear normal  :nod: and I'm not fiddling with ambient settings, -cell or anything. Oh well this is a small biggie anyway  :nod:

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Cool, in a hecate desert storm paintjob kind of way.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Look in your mediavps\Data\Cache folder and delete the hecate and Mjolnir IBX files and let them regenerate. The Mjolnir one is called something like beamsabre.ibx IIRC and the Hecate one is something like Capital-T01 or somesuch. If you can't figure it out just delete all the IBXs. The game will rebuild them anyway.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Hmm.. What's this mv_cell doing in the FS2 root  :nervous:? Looks like I moved it from my fs2open dir and left it there. The ships look fine now. Or maybe it's a new camo for nebulae warfare?

Hurry for asking a (probably) stupid question for a first post!  :doubt:

Anyway... there's something I'm not quite clear on, and I can't seem to find the information to clarify it via a search of the boards or the like...

The patches that go with this most recent Media VP; Do we just un-rar them and place the .vp in the same directory as the other mv_***.vps, or do we have to 'apply' them somehow using a .vp editor?

Uhm, and also... Hi?   :D Pleasure t' meet y'all!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The patches simply go in the mediavps folder along with the standard Zeta's.

Since the filenames come alphabetically before the mediavps the data inside them will automatically be used first.

Offline CaptJosh

Ok, I'm not sure what's going on, and I don't have a screenshot, right now because I've forgotten the command for it, but I was starting a new FS2 campaign, and I clicked on the enemy squadron indicator during the briefing for the first mission, and the Herc that showed up had no glass on the cockpit, and was missing some panelling on the engine pods. I've tried killing my IBX cache and it didn't help. I have the current 3.6.8 vps with patches, running the current 3.6.9 RC build with  the most recent launcher I know of. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 04:27:12 pm by CaptJosh »
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Printscreen key to take pics.

What commandlines have you got on?

Offline CaptJosh

Shoot. Should have know it was that simple. Some games I play don't have that kind of sense and it's something odd to take screenshots.

As for the switches: -spec -glow -env -jpgtga -missile_lighting -no_vsync -orbradar -rearm_timer -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -snd_preload -loadallweps

I put the media VPs in the main FS2 folder because I never play retail anymore.

Also, here's the screenshot

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 08:03:44 pm by CaptJosh »
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
I would like to ask you something. :)

I have both of these files mv-effects  and mv-adveffects in my FS2 directory.  I would like to know if it is wrong or correct ? If I have to have only one of these files in my FS2 directory or both of them ? thanks

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
The GTC_Orff.pcx file in mv_detailmodels.vp is causing every Fenris and Leviathan to say "GTC Orff" instead of just the Fenris.  Is there any way to disable that without deleting the whole thing?

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
I have both of these files mv-effects  and mv-adveffects in my FS2 directory.  I would like to know if it is wrong or correct ? If I have to have only one of these files in my FS2 directory or both of them ? thanks
mv-adveffects has the advanced (a bit prettier) and more power hungry implementation of effects.
Move it out if you are experiencing slowdowns, stuttering or such..

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
I would like to ask you something. :)

I believe you need to have mv_effects in the directory otherwise adveffects won't work.  As Castor said, remove adveffects if you experience slowdowns.  However, I highly recommend putting all the vps that you installed into a folder called mediavps or something to that affect.  Then, in the launcher, you select mod and highlight that folder.  That way when you add new mods like Inferno or FSPort you won't run into problems.  Read Karajormas FAQ and it details everything step-by-step.