Author Topic: Portal Strategies  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Let's get some good dialogue going on definitely one of the best games of the year.

Namely, let's have some exchanges of strategies for conquering the challenges as well as the advanced maps. For instance, how the **** do I get off the third platform in the 6th challenge map?

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
the whole portal engine was ripped from prey
runs...
:D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Yes but Prey lacks psychotic AI computers - so it loses. Badly. :p

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Plus the portals in Prey are essentially exotic door. The portals in Portal are dynamic.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
The technology is essentially the same, though. Prey's engine can do that too, they just didn't for the purposes of the singleplayer. There's been mods out for a while that allow this.

But yes, as much as I liked Prey, Portal's definitely the classier game. I haven't tried the challenges yet though. Still working my way through the advanced chambers.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i liked prey even more for its gravity effects, of course i didnt pick up the game untill it had already made the bargain bin and noone apears to be on any multi servers. frankly id perfer a good single player game any day. i only buy top of the line multi games to see how the technology was progressing. preys still the last game i was impressed with, quakewars and the new ut seem to leave something to be desired.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
aaaaaaand now back on topic.

i used the easy method, shoot portals under turrets n stuff like that, otherwise it was well easy :)

whats the 6th level again? screenie?

I hate My signature!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
The 6th advanced course, the courses under the "Bonus maps" option...

Which I just completed. All six. The Vanilla Crazy Cake is delicious, *****es.

:D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:03:50 am by Mefustae »

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
omg LOL
I hate My signature!

Offline watsisname

Lol, your picture = win.  Enjoy your win while we all marvel at how much you won.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Cyker

I wonder who would win in a cake making contest between GLaDOS and SHODAN...

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
The machine mother doesn't deal with insignificant things such as *cake* for insects... it is an affront to her mag...mag...magnificence...
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That made me laugh. In fact, I nearly took a trip on the roflcopter.

Funny, but it doesn't beat:

"Speedy thing go in, speedy thing go out." I know what you're thinking. Just don't.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity