Author Topic: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)  (Read 83847 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)
:eek2:

How did a corvette get that close to a Sathanas?

Too bad I can't use any of these as wallpapers yet... have to get my own computer first. My family uses the same I do...

Why not create a new user.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 10:31:37 pm by Mars »

Suggested this to my father... he said he'd delete it because he doens't like passwords. (I guess he is the owner of the machine, so have to abide by his rules even if he isn't the most computer-savvy person on this planet...)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
He doesn't have to have a password, all he has to do is click the button, but oh well...

If you have the knowhow, you can get a computer a lot cheaper if you build it yourself, just be careful not to overtighten the mobo, like I did...

Yes but this one has the advantge of a hard Internet connection via cable; I do have a wireless network, but if my auxiliary computer is any indication, it doesn't work so well....
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Get a router and split the cable connection through that.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 11:12:49 pm by Mars »

It's a dual-router, wireless and hard connection, but no cords long enough to reach across the room.... and no space on the desk either.

Believe me I explored every viable alternative!
But, since I got lots of money off of my summer job, I'll be getting a laptop I think.

We're getting rather off-topic here aren't we?
So how about some Derelict screenies?

Here's the famous GTVX Gorgon Cannon...

The triumvirate of the Nyarlathotep fleet...

And a rather funny thing where some textures got mixed (the Knossos was supposed to be red)....

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 11:18:08 pm by Dark Hunter »

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
That's some "brilliant" ambient lighting there
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Uh... what kind of graphics do you have in that box exactly?

Offline Kie99

Looks like no Media VPs but all features on to me.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

I think the first two were taken a long time ago, like with 3.6.7. The last one was taken with 3.6.9, but something got screwed up in there.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Do you have the media VPs?

Uhhhhhhh......  :lol:

Like I said this was a long time ago. I hadn't figured out that the Media's were needed.

As for the last shot I do think I had the alphapatches, but obviously Vasudan's lovely Lucifer model textures didn't agree with them. Or the Shivan Knossos for that matter.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Download this and get the VP files into a mod directory called mediavps, then play it as a mod. For Derelict to have the new effects create a text file called mod.ini, and in it put:
Code: [Select]
[multimod]
SecondaryList = mediavps;

Yes I know.  ;)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Actually, dark hunter did actually have the media vp's as there is a screenshot of the htl lucifer.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Like I said, the second and third screenshots were taken with the SCP, albeit with the brightness set at 1.75%, my preferred brightness setting when playing. I... didn't consider the fact that such screenshots are of a lesser quality. Any further screenies I take will have a better lighting setup, I assure you.

An idle question: in the third screenshot, the one with the Knossos, the original blue textures got "mixed" with the campaign's red textures. I didn't know such things could happen. Any idea on why they mixed? (It happened with 3.6.9 only)

Here, some better screenies:

A Vasudan carrier runs away from Apothess destroyers....

A Faustus, with some nice stuff in the background...

I got several more of the same kind. Waiting for feedback on these.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 11:33:21 pm by Dark Hunter »

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Not that they're of lesser quality, just that they'd look better a much lower brightness. As to why you play like that has me puzzled. But then again you're talking to the guy who wishes he could dock all the fighters in his wing to have synced functionality to become a cruiser's nightmare of a superfighter.
On another note for a reminder to plz program the toggle hud control in the fs2 options. That way with the push of a button the hud is gone and you can take all of the hudless pictures you desire, and with the push of a button, have your hud back.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 12:16:25 am by S-99 »

SMBFD

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
The toggle hud control defaults to Shift-O.

Is that Derelict SCP?  If so, you really should get Lightspeed's nebulae pack.  Space just looks so ... empty... without it, which might be part of why people thought you weren't using SCP.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I'm just kidding, they're not of lesser quality but I never saw a knossos like that. :P Where did you get that vasudan carrier fleeing those Apothess destroyers? The one with the Faustus is nice. :yes: