Author Topic: Fly me to the Moon....  (Read 17656 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Fly me to the Moon....

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Topgun

Re: Fly me to the Moon....
let me dance among the stars

too bad we can't have that as in mission music...

I am soooooo glad people are working on this now that ST:R is done.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It's revived now  :eek2:

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Hold on im going to go Screaming down my Street saying IT IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Damn this gives me nostalgia from Evangelion...

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I am soooooo glad people are working on this now that ST:R is done.

ST:R is done ?!? I though the whole voice acting thing still needs to be done ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Topgun

it does but the freders and modelers can work on this now. voice acting is easy!

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
voice acting is easy!
Not if you want to do it right.

Offline Topgun

well it's easy for goober :p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It may be easy to understand but it's tedious to do.  Especially if you want to make sure all the personas and heads are correct.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
YAAAAAY!!! Awaiting this thing EAGERLY!!! :D :D :D :D :D

*Everything except Chapter 1 tough....not too interested in another human rebellion... I need the FS1 atmosphere!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 12:49:49 pm by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's not a human rebellion, it's a human UNIFICATION.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It's not a human rebellion, it's a human UNIFICATION.

Yeah, but half the colonies rebeled before that.
I HATE that concept with a passion.
 Like a space colony could ever really break away from a home planet - like it can ever be self-sufficient enough (where do you grow food on Mars, Moon and Jupiter?) or powerfull enough (industrial base and resources)???

LUV the fighting againt the fisheads tough...bring out the HEADZ!

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Where do you grow food on Mars and Jupiter? Farm habitats. If you can have pressurized housing, you can have pressurized farms, and the asteroid belt provides a tremendous resource base for industry, as many asteroids are made almost entirely of iron and nickel. Although I'd personally like to see actual modern nations appear in the unification war. Who says China or the United States will be gone by 2310?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Although I'd personally like to see actual modern nations appear in the unification war. Who says China or the United States will be gone by 2310?
Agreed, but this would make things way too complicated.  We had to make a number of simplifying associations, or the campaign would never get released.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Damn this gives me nostalgia from Evangelion...
Gah, don't remind me of that homicide-via-Engrish of a classic song...

Also, that screenshot is made of win.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Where do you grow food on Mars and Jupiter? Farm habitats. If you can have pressurized housing, you can have pressurized farms, and the asteroid belt provides a tremendous resource base for industry, as many asteroids are made almost entirely of iron and nickel. Although I'd personally like to see actual modern nations appear in the unification war. Who says China or the United States will be gone by 2310?

Earth has several thousand years of head start..not to mention huge areas for farming various crops, seas for fishing and farms for animals...and no pressure domes.

Any colony would be severely limited in what food it can produce on it's own (I don't really see a big meat industry) and it's doubtfull that it can produce enough to sustain BILLIONS of people, not to mantion that domed cities and farms are a hell of a lot more vulnerable than anything on earth..

A single stray shot breaks the dome - *BAM* - there goes the city..or all your crops. Not a side I would choose to be on in case of a war...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries

Earth has several thousand years of head start..not to mention huge areas for farming various crops, seas for fishing and farms for animals...and no pressure domes.

Any colony would be severely limited in what food it can produce on it's own (I don't really see a big meat industry) and it's doubtfull that it can produce enough to sustain BILLIONS of people, not to mantion that domed cities and farms are a hell of a lot more vulnerable than anything on earth..

A single stray shot breaks the dome - *BAM* - there goes the city..or all your crops. Not a side I would choose to be on in case of a war...

Orbital bombardment seems to be rare or nonexistent in FreeSpace, except for the Lucifer's genocide campaign. Also, many colonies might be backed by Earth nations who might use the colonies in a proxy war. Earth itself is fragmented into many nations. It's not like a few tiny dome cities against an entire planet.

And who even really needs farming? In the 24th century they could probably synthesize mass quantities of food.

FreeSpace wars are largely won by naval power. The asteroid belt has enough metal in it to build a virtually limitless number of ships. If one side has control of space, the other side really can't do anything but hunker down on their planet, because they sure as hell won't be able to fight off the enemy fleet.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 09:39:53 am by Woolie Wool »
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You saying Earth doesn't have a fleet? With all it's industry and resources?
If only 1 fighter made it trough and took a shot - goodbye dome city.

Granted, your'e right that Earth is fragmented, so that complicated things... But I still doubt you can synthesize food..
That would mean direct energy->matter conversion which is WAAAAY over FS2 tech.