Author Topic: Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU  (Read 47331 times)

Offline Solatar

Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU
A project is currently being concieved, and has been given the greenlight. The t/v war for fs2. This will be before the fs1 era, so no shields, we will have enhanced ai, and many new ships. Some familiar favorites like the Fenris, and Orion will be around, as well as some fighters you know. But we are still needing new ships. I am currently waiting for a GTF Angel model, so we have that covered.

Anybody interested should contact me, Hades. Thor is already in, and he has made the sight. check out more info in the thread entitled "ships of the 14 year war" in this forum.

Offline Riven

i can do you site design (Thor will probably agree that no frames will help). Check my Sig links for my work. Email me!

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Thank you Riven.  Just for you I made the T-V War Site with frames;)   For those interested the site is  http://tvwarproject.dreamstation.com

Please join up.

Edit:  I've also got us signed up on the list for HLP Hosting.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Solatar

nice site. It'll serve it's purpose. I think Thor should get the hosting, its your website. I'll do it if you want though.

Offline Thor

Yes, I did the dirty work.  Shrike is now informed of the existance of the T-V War Project.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Do you already have a story in mind?
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Thor

Um, no.  Maybe Hades does, but if you want to make one, go for it.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
you know there were a few BWO models that we scraped (becase they were HW reskins) that you guys might be able to use

I'll ask
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Thor

Now lets recap:

Team:
Hades, Thor, Riven doing a website, Peg V volunteering, e****o being convinced to write a story, Bob getting us BWO rejects, a lead on an Angel Scout fighter, and new ai tables.  Not bad for a project half a day old

Edit:  HW?  Do you mean Home World?  Thor is very confused.

Some ground rules that I think we should have:
  • Destroyers are rare. The GTA can have about 3 Orions or so and the same for the VPE with Typhons.
  • Make it so that we rely on secondaries more than primaries at the beginning.
  • We use the DTP source code alteration thingy. Why? Because we're going to have some big ass fighter battles that's why. It will make for realistic fighter compliments.
  • We'll make a mission where we first encounter a Satis and mitake it for a warship.
  • The end mission can be Operation Thresher. This is the main reason for using DTP's source code thingy - 512 pilots killed.
  • Reduce the number of systems on the nodemap.
  • Known Ships available: Apollo, Athena, Angel, Fenris, Orion, Arcadia, Faustus, most freighters and transport. Anubis, Seth, Osiris, (the other bomber), Aten, Typhon, most freighters and transport.
  • Refer to this as the 14-Year War not the T-V War. :v: decided to refer to the T-V War is the 14-Year War after production begun (probably because the old title reminded them of transvestites.....).
I can help by being the technical advisor...  ;7 :drevil:

Ships that Should Be Made: (Press enter on the address after the window pops up and it'll load.)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2002, 11:28:05 pm by 326 »

Offline Thor

Welcome, tech advisor Peg V.

I looked around the concept page, and found even more ships that could be useful.

• GTD Aquila
    • GTA Capacious
    • GTS Eos
    • PVF Hornet
    • PVF CHensit
    • PVD Meskhenet
    • PVCa Semptu
    • PVFr Somtus

Note: I changed the GV* to PV* to fit in with the timeline.  If you want pics, goto the concepts database in Peg's sig.  

FOr the two destoyers, Aquila and Meskhenet, I was thinking of downsizing them to around corvette sive, still calling them destroyers, then having them outclassed by Orions and Typhon's.  That way, we could have a few more destoyers, while keeping faithful to the rarity of the Orions/Typhons.  I also like the Satis Idea.  Maybe for the very first mission.  And Operation Threasher would be a good place to end it.  I'm not sure if I want a Source Code mod or not, but if everyone thinks its worth it.  All very good ideas, in my opion.  Get talking with Hades.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
      And MODest too
    ya homeworld
    one is a reskin of the tiadlalala drednaut and the carier I don't have the game so I can't remember the names, I can probly get the models but not the textures (mostly altered orion and arcadia textures), but there prety much totaly complete game ready models
    learn to use PCS
    PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
      And MODest too
    mkey, just got aproval

here you go

you'll have to rename the textures but other than that I think these were the most up to date versions (didn't look that hard), if there missing anything I'll see if there is a beter version

one is a large corvet level type ship, the other is a dedicated carier,

hmm
    that carier has some of the older turrets but there fairly similar to the ones used on there new counterparts,
    so you get a bit of a sneak peak :ha: sort of
    learn to use PCS
    PCS 2.0.3

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
    • This site stole my work
    Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Thor

I'll give those a try.  Have fun Hades, I'll be back to help in a week

Offline Solatar

I think with all this new input. My ships and weapons tables are useless. We don't need a story yet, it would help, but let's get the MOD done first. What part of the T/V war should we do? It was 14 years long, fs1, and fs2 are both only a few months long.

Also, I might not want to use the DTP MOD because it has that text on the HUD. But then we might have to, because the Great War relied on fighters, not capships. I think the GTA had more than three orions, I mean, this was a long time from the fs2 storyline, but like Shadow wolf IH told me when I was thinking about it. Let's not give them rocks to throw at each other.

EDIT:Oh, by the way, Pegasus, if you want in, your in. Eishtmo, I would like you to write up a storyline, that would be cool.
    « Last Edit: August 16, 2002, 10:13:34 am by 691 »

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
      • Visit the TI homepage!
    There was a guy called Hudzy doing this a month or so ago - I pointed him towards Grey Wolf 2009s Apollo Prototype here, and Analzon's currently untextured but amazingly sweet looking ship here. (BTW, I wouldn't suggest bumping that topic as it's fairly old). You should talk to Analazon, maybe even find a texturer for that beauty, and talk to Hudzy too, get your two projects amalgamated (if his even still exists).
    TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
    Rarely Updated P3D.
    Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Solatar

well, if hudzy is here, he can come on in.

Offline RandomTiger

The big question is for me is how are you going to keep the game exciting when you have to drop many of FS2's more intersting features: ie flak cannons, beam weapons?

I suggest that you come up with graphically spectacular but technologically flawed 'new' things that were dropped by the start of the FS1 campain.

You could be really brave and start out without proper targeting or some other important feature and introduce it as a 'new technology' half way through the game.

Not having shields will be very annoying for most FS players so to soften the blow you should make the AI have a very high priority for collision avoidance. It just made me scream in FS1 when stupid AI bumped into me and knocked down my hull strength.

Also I suggest that you lower the damage of weapons in general and slightly increase the hull strength. Makes sense, old weapons with less kick and harder hulls because there is no shield tech.

Its likely that after shielding was inverted that hull strength would go down because when you loose your shields you're doomed anyway. Is is just my imagination or do Shevians have much weaker hulls than the other races (on Med anyway)?

You might want to consider allowing the support ship to be able to do a one time (per mission) limited repair of you hull. Perhaps with some huge disadantage like a whole ship shutdown to allow it, ie no weapons, half functioning com and sensors, no thrust until process is complete.

Some tech reason can be made up why its not possible in FS1 and FS2.

For example 'with the construction of so many large cruisers with repair equipement its more effective to bring a figher in and fully repair rather than use a vunerable mobile repair vessel that are now targetted first by the enemy during any fire fight.'

With the older crusiers not having as many defensive weaponary as in FS2 they would be very vunerable to mines. Mines like those in Homeworld would be fun.

Offline Anaz

but the lack of shields makes it exiting....

Oh, about my ship. that was the one modeled on the early awacs (caprious iirc), and you guys can use it if you want, and good luck converting it!
    Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...