Author Topic: My "little" WIP Topic  (Read 110298 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Textures could do a bit more work, lacks the feeling of detail and depth. The model in itself is good. :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 01:40:43 pm by 173 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It does seem a bit flat ingame. I'm not sure why that is. Could be the overpowering shinemaps spoiling the effect I don't know. I'll experiment tommorow. I'm no 2D artist though. Once the FTP is back up I'd like to pass this ship onto a proper 2D artist for beautification which should include at least work on the shinemaps and glowmaps.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Shine-/glowmaps are fine (more or less), it's that weird converting bug I told you about, that makes everything full bright.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 04:30:48 pm by 1445 »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

[Kid in a candy store]

Is this guy for real? So much speed and so many models in so little time?

Please, PLEASE, do the terran and dilgar designs of the
famous and now abandoned

GROPOS

game. Imagine the fantastic scenarios that could be spawned.

Thanks for considering. (Personal note I HATE THE FIRSTONES DILGAR), and much prefer the pen and paper ones...

thank you

[/Kid in a candy store]
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

do you have any referrence of thos ships you are talking about?

another model nearly done:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by GT-Keravnos
[Kid in a candy store]
GROPOS

Imagine the fantastic scenarios that could be spawned.

GROPOS is the land based tabletop game is it not? As you know TBP is based on a space combat game engine. Thus if we start putting loads of tanks and stuff in there they'll probably have a habit of turning skyward and flying away. Might ruin the effect you're looking for a bit. That other EA gunship is quite nice though. Valkyrie's smaller nippier sister. What's it called?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
GROPOS is short for Ground Pounders, so yes it is ground based combat unit(s?) and has no room in TBP really.

Offline -Norbert-

Without textures I would have guessed it a being a brakiri ship.

And I wonder if Maverick is really one human being and not either a group of people, an artificial intelligence or even a first one. ;)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by IPAndrews

GROPOS is the land based tabletop game is it not? As you know TBP is based on a space combat game engine. Thus if we start putting loads of tanks and stuff in there they'll probably have a habit of turning skyward and flying away.

Once you've finished the space stuff you might want to have a word with the TI or Starfox boys. I think you can get tanks to work in game now :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
At the moment I feel it will be very unlikely for TBP to have any ground stuff in the future. Ground was never in a big role in B5 either.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I agree that it's not an important thing now. Maybe 5-6 months in the future when Maverick starts running out of ships he hasn't converted though :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Originally posted by -Norbert-
Without textures I would have guessed it a being a brakiri ship.

And I wonder if Maverick is really one human being and not either a group of people, an artificial intelligence or even a first one. ;)

it is a Brakiri Ashkat Cruiser though i dont know if it is canon. but i thought the design really fits the brakiri.

and i can assure you that i am one person, but it is a little hard to tell with all those voices in my head ;)

@karajorma: once the exporter works correct all the ships will be exported as fast as they are built ;)

about that ground forces: i dont think that it would be useful to build these in if there is no proper physical stuff added that keep things on the ground.

First of all my mistake. While it would be fantastic for us all to see GROPOS, starfighting was and is what this game is all about.

I meant AOG, and all the good things that stemmed from there.

http://www.meshweaver.com/frames/Portfolio/htms/aog.htm

Those are Dilgar, Hot daeemn!

Some more links concerning the Dilgar...

http://www.uncomyngifts.com/Main/Recreation_Room/Babylon-5/Game_Supplies/Babylon5Wars/Miniatures/Dilgar.htm

And if you ever run out of things to do

http://www.uncomyngifts.com/Main/Recreation_Room/Babylon-5/Game_Supplies/Babylon5Wars/Miniatures/

and some more conventional races to pick from

http://www.agentsofgaming.com/b5wstock.htm

Here you will find links to all known races of the AOG B5 game miniatures. May I say they look fantastic. They may be a little out of focus and far away but the general shape can be seen.

Thanks again for the amazing work!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 09:58:24 am by 970 »
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Roanoke

I've always thought it may be interesting to have ships fighting over ground surfaces. I even made & converted one or two, including an Orion Crash site, but it didn't look too great.

Offline rynadrk

Having all those AOG ships in game would be very impressive.  It would be like having 7 races in freespace.

I hope that ISA Victory gets a tune up.  The gray needs to be duller or darker maybe.

Offline -Norbert-

I don't like the AOG dilgar ships that much. They do look good, but they also look to much like a mix of human and centauri ships.

The current dilgar ship is much more unique.

Offline ramsboy

having more dilgar ships would be good though would be great to have a campaign of the dilgar war after all all we know about the war is we won, and the dilgar lost so you could have the campaign story go however you wanted it

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I agree with Norbert they look like Centauri ships. They have no style of their own at all.

so, i had a crack at texturing IPAndrew`s model of the Vree Xill. i didnt want to shoot at daBrain with that because as far as i know he worked on it, but i wanted to do some Vree, sorry if i am doing something wrong. i hope you like it though, the texture should be finished, except shinemap and maybe some little tweakings.