Author Topic: Complete walkthrough for RW and EMW (german)!  (Read 9975 times)

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Complete walkthrough for RW and EMW (german)!
RavenTS (http://www.kultloesungen.de/) wrote a very good walkthrough for both 'offical' campaigns.

http://www.kultloesungen.de/

http://www.kultloesungen.de/Simulation/The%20Babylon%20Project/Info.html

If anybody is interested in translating the walkthrough, please PM me!
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Excellent work :yes:

In my book, he earned some bonus brownie points for succesfully taking down some Tinashis and even a Sharlin(!) in the EMW campaign :eek2:
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline -Norbert-

A sharlin and "some" Tinashis?

I know only of one Tinashi that can be taken down. I should really read that.

Offline Stuger

i've managed to take down one Tinashi, too. But no more. Though I do always play in insane :)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Some kind person needs to translate this, although the Altavista babel fish translation is kind of fun it has to be said.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Originally posted by IPAndrews
Some kind person needs to translate this, although the Altavista babel fish translation is kind of fun it has to be said.

Yupp, we got a lot of german fans, but there are more english-speaking fans.

I think my english isn't good enough for this. And I lack the time ATM.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
Hey folks,

just managed to register here, after DaBrain posted the news of the walkthorugh here (and in some other forums)

First, thanks for the "brownies". It was a lot of work to get those huge Minbari ships down, although I have to assume that I played only on easy...

Concerning the Translation of my german walkthrough: Same problem as Dabrain ;) I just dont think my english is good enough to make a really understandable Version of it, but if anybody would translate the text-passages I´ll create a  new document with shots etc. and host all the stuff on my page...

So long...

RavenTS

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Understood every word of that post. So it's good enough that it would probably only need minor changes :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
Originally posted by karajorma
Understood every word of that post. So it's good enough that it would probably only need minor changes :)

Well...but you dont know how longe I needed to write those lines ;)

In the (worst) case that noone will be found to translate my walkthrough, I will try it for myself, but really only in that case, as I also have not so much free time the coming weeks...:(

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Yeah but if you use babel fish you get two ships indulging in a "nice word-based exchange", which is great :D
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
Originally posted by IPAndrews
Yeah but if you use babel fish you get two ships indulging in a "nice word-based exchange", which is great :D

Now thats a line I didn´t understood... :(

Offline CaptJosh

It's simple, actually. He's talking about babelfish.altvista.com

This is a web based translator, and while it is good for single words and simple phrases, it can't translate idomatic German into idiomatic English, for example. It's strictly a literal translation engine.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
Originally posted by CaptJosh
It's simple, actually. He's talking about babelfish.altvista.com

This is a web based translator, and while it is good for single words and simple phrases, it can't translate idomatic German into idiomatic English, for example. It's strictly a literal translation engine.

Aahh. Well I know babelfish, at least theoretically as I never used it, but I also read Hitchhikers ;D

Translating single words isnt so far a problem. I own some dictionaries and with the help of some native speaker I should get it, but it would take some time. Time I dont really have at the moment....

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
Re: Complete walkthrough for RW and EMW (german)!
Still nobody interested in doing some translations..?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
haven't read it yet but I could do it....
but don't expect the best english in the world
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
haven't read it yet but I could do it....
but don't expect the best english in the world

What about reading first... ;D

Besides I would help you as much as I can, so your not absolutely on your own..!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
read it... or most of it...
I will do as much as I can as soon as I can... expect first results at the weekend (this is where I have I time)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
read it... or most of it...
I will do as much as I can as soon as I can... expect first results at the weekend (this is where I have I time)

Ah...good good. Then just send it to my official e-mail ([email protected]), so we can just talk a bit about the translation (problems, who need to be done by whome,...)

Offline RavenTS

• www.KULTLOESUNGEN.de
Months are gone and...something happened!  ;)

A first shot (the overview and the EMW-capmaign) is online since today, so everybody is welcome to look, read and give me some suggests for corrections...

Just go to www.kultloesungen.de and click on the BabylonProject-Cover.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The english version of Raider Wars gave me a file not found but apart from that you've got some damn fine work there! :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]