Author Topic: HTL Iceni  (Read 133248 times)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Originally posted by Admiral Nelson
New screenies? :)

Maybe he updated the original ones? :doubt:

Looks good by the way, thanks for taking the time to do this! I always thought the Iceni was pretty cool, so it's nice to see it get a face lift. :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by Ulala

Maybe he updated the original ones? :doubt:

No he didn't. But give him some time.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by FireCrack
I personaly felt confident that the ETAK was entirely interior but, each to his own.

I'd imagine the same, IMO ETAK was more likely to be primarily a computer translation & encoding program than any form of physical hardware.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
We don't really have assuming that ETAK is special, detroyable device of its own. For all we know, it might be intergrated into the whole ship. Or it might just be specialized comm programming. Whether you think. The possibilites are so many.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Oh my god, the Iceni looks pretty good than the original. I can"t wia tanylonger for his released :p

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by MetalDestroyer
Oh my god, the Iceni looks pretty good than the original. I can"t wia tanylonger for his released :p

Judging from the way your spelling has gone to hell it sure looks that way :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline knn

No new pics for now, be patient. Instead, I'll try to reply to the posts. So, first of all, I'm not going to make new textures. I can't do it, period. There are much much much better texture artists out there than me. Second, I'm not planning to make a destroyable ETAK submodel because that wouldn't be canon. And besides it's probably a software program, not a huge device sticking out of the ship. I'll make glowpoints too, and I'm planning to make a Saphah mod for Derelict (a new model, not just a reskin). Now that's not 100% sure, so don't get too excited.
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I doubt it's a software program. It was stated ingame that an etak device was being built on the iceni.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
ETAK had schematics, from what I gathered, and that that was what command wanted from the Iceni before it went boomy-bye.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Oups, i didn't check my post ^^ sorry for mistakes.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Could be that the ETAK device enabled communication with Shivan ships. Who says Shivans use the same comm equipment as humans?
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Maybe they do, only in a different way?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Considering they use quantum pulses, I doubt it...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline knn

Ok, but it's still not a huge something sticking out of the ship
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
yeah, we've all agreed on that. ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I never suggested that such a submodel would need to be huge.  It could be something like a dish or wacky AWACS dome half the size of the multi-part turrets, located underneath the "head"... for example... but its your model, not mine.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I always thought ETAK was more like a translator, and that the transmission itself still rode on the normal comm systems.  The Shivan ship trying to transmit on an allied channel backs that up a little too.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
ETAK must be some sort of physical device, as it seems to need battery and power  maintainence.

Link
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
*kicks Admiral Nelson*

I agree with stratt on this one. 's what I gathered, too.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
no, ETAK was a completely different device, it use d quantum pulses to communicate, not normal comm equipment,
if it was simply a new frequency and language, it'd be a somewhat less important seeming thing and it woudlnt have taken years of research and a coverup rebellion to do
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D