Author Topic: anything new?  (Read 2908 times)

Offline waldi

It's been quiet lately are you guys working on the shadow and vorlon ships

Offline Raapys

Hopefully the quiet means they're spending too much time working on the next update.

I really wanna start making some missions, but I feel so limited with the ships currently in. And although I would love to see the Shadow and Vorlon ships, I would also like to see some other ships, not necessarily any in the tv show.
Some might reject that idea, but the reason for it is that when we can only use original B5 ships, we can't really start a "new story", with something unknown.
I would love to have the possibility to make, for example, a campaign where the Vorlons discovered another race, their equal in power, and had to fight just to survive.
Something like this would give mission creators freedom, instead of being limited to the tv show's story and events.
Just recreating the battles and events that happens in the movies/episodes we've seen, is only interesting for so long.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Bah. Lies.

The Babylon 5 universe is huge, and you don't see all that goes on. Raider Wars is a good example. There's always a bit of story left untold or a what-if to work with.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We're working; slowly and quietly. Stithe2000 is working on another modding project for a while and won't work on Vorlon and Shadow ships. B5 is being finished. Weapons effects for Vorlons and Shadows are nearly done, just missing table entries and shadow spitfire weapon effect. I have other stuff to attend to so I won't be working on tables for a a while either.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Originally posted by Raapys
I really wanna start making some missions, but I feel so limited with the ships currently in.

Now hang on a minute. How many ships do you have to work with?

Originally posted by Raapys
something unknown. I would love to have the possibility to make, for example, a campaign where the Vorlons discovered another race, their equal in power, and had to fight just to survive.

Now hang on a minute (again). That's just the plot of Thirdspace isn't it? Seriously though. In my opinion everyone has enough ships now to produce a decent campaign if they want to. All that is needed is imagination, positivity, and flexibility.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Raapys

"Now hang on a minute. How many ships do you have to work with?"

It's not the numbers, it's the different races. The races currently in, are the well-known races we've come to know and love through the show.
With only well-known ships in, there is only so much possibility for surprises, new encounters, mystic derelicts, etc.

"Now hang on a minute (again). That's just the plot of Thirdspace isn't it? Seriously though. In my opinion everyone has enough ships now to produce a decent campaign if they want to. All that is needed is imagination, positivity, and flexibility."

Yep, an example of that is the Thirdspace plot. Which was really interesting, I think. Also, considering Lyta mentioned that the mistake was "one of many", there is alot of room to work with the Vorlons. Also because we really don't know anything about them, and their history, except the shadow wars every thousand years.
We know the human history, we know recent and some old Minbari history, we know recent Narn and Centauri history.
Those are mostly the ships currently in(Not saying there are few, but just a limited selection, since we know so much about the owner races.). The Drahk raider ships was a nice addition, but it still lacks the Carrier, to make it really useable.

Now, the point wasn't really to argue about this, but just let you have an idea of what I thought was missing. Fighters, perhaps bombers, and a couple of capital ships, from races we know little to nothing about, would make all the difference.

Offline -Norbert-

by Mr. Fury
Weapons effects for Vorlons and Shadows are nearly done, just missing table entries and shadow spitfire weapon effect.

Does that mean you got the weapon effects for the vorlon cap ships working?
You know the 4 beams joining to one big beam.

And speaking of unkown ships. I think I remember a screenshot of a Duck back in the firstones forum ;)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by -Norbert-
And speaking of unkown ships. I think I remember a screenshot of a Duck back in the firstones forum ;)

Haven't seen the duck in a while...but there were rumors about something....ermm.....different.....you'd have to ask Tomcat about that :D
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline waldi

what about shadow crusiers are they gonna be manervable

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Just wait and see.

You guys have really outdone yourselves, I'm curious though if the main campaign you guys had always intended for the TC is being worked on? I believe it was the EA Civil War...
Fear is the Mind-Killer...