Author Topic: Chapter 1 How was it  (Read 26335 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Hippo
:blah: 135 Mb/56K modem=68 hours remaining... :hopping:

Well that's why we released the multi VP version over the last few months, on launch day they had less than 200kb to download :D

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
If you think the Gargant is too big, wait till you see the Hara.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
If you think the Gargant is too big, wait till you see the Hara.
Gargant size = absurd, bigger then gargant size = just too much
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Just so you know... the Gargant has twenty anti-fleet cannons, which give the ship uber-protection from anything really. It may not have the most powerful beam in existence, but it has twenty of the second most powerful. ;)

Some of the descriptions I wrote for the techroom (yes, I wrote practically all of them) will probably have some minor changes made for them for R2.

Sid.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Tiara
Gargant size = absurd, bigger then gargant size = just too much

The Hara is unarmed, though.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by SadisticSid
Just so you know... the Gargant has twenty anti-fleet cannons, which give the ship uber-protection from anything really. It may not have the most powerful beam in existence, but it has twenty of the second most powerful. ;)

Some of the descriptions I wrote for the techroom (yes, I wrote practically all of them) will probably have some minor changes made for them for R2.

Sid.

Does that mean the URed I'm putting on the front cannon of the TSA version of the Nemesis is NOT the biggest beam cannon besides that subspace thing?

--General Battuta

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
ok wtf is a hara and wtf is a SH Garagant? the SH in particular!
I hate My signature!

Download and see... ^_^

Sid.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Well, not to be a downer or anything (especially given that I haven;t played all the way through) but I'm not quite so impressed with the mission design as I was hoping to be. I spent quite a bit of time in mission 2 just sitting there doing nothing, and alot of what I've done so far is Kill the fighter, Kill the Bomber Kill the fighter etc. The plot just hasn;t really been able to draw me in. However, it's fun playing with all the new ships, apparently it'll get better (I think I'm on mission 4 or 5) so I'll post again when I'm 100% done.

BTW, why the shift back to FS1 style briefing/Ship select icons?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I likewise haven't played to far in - and I agree the style of missions is fairly simple so far - but thats not the main problem. I'll come to that in a second... that said I really love this thing, the effort put into it shows massively and you guys have done a brilliant job.

On to my personal problem... in FS and FS2 the token "big ship" was always a massive focal point and it was a thing of fear to be anywhere around it most of the time - ships died rapidly at its hands.

However in Inferno some of these big ships seem to not be anything like as fearsome as they used to be:

Spoiler ahead: The Diablo was scary when it came through the node. I was genuinely worried about it. It came, slapped the fleet and left. I figured this was going to be a loosing battle for some time. But the next mission it seemed to get obliterated with very little effort on the part of the good guys.

It just seems that there's a lot of big ships, no real explanation as to how they came to exist (remember what a fuss was made about the construction of the Colossus?) and they seem to get wiped from space just as easily.

As I say, no real problem - but something I wanted to mention. Overall the campaign has been really fun to play so far and I'm very very impressed by the quality of every part of it. Well done :)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The enemy capships are even less frightening when you're in a Notus--one pair of its Armageddon bombs can destroy a Typhon.

--General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Kalfireth
On to my personal problem... in FS and FS2 the token "big ship" was always a massive focal point and it was a thing of fear to be anywhere around it most of the time - ships died rapidly at its hands.

However in Inferno some of these big ships seem to not be anything like as fearsome as they used to be:

Spoiler ahead: The Diablo was scary when it came through the node. I was genuinely worried about it. It came, slapped the fleet and left. I figured this was going to be a loosing battle for some time. But the next mission it seemed to get obliterated with very little effort on the part of the good guys.

The Diablo's nothing compared to what's coming, don't worry, the GTVA will have far more trouble with some of our other ships. :D
The GTVA can match the Shivans per class for power except from Super Carrier and above. Oh and the later Shivan fighters are far superior too :)

Untill the Icanus shows up, there's no token big ship for the Alliance, the Odin and Warlock aren't as unique and special as the Colossus was to the GTVA, they're not one of a kind ships that the fate of the species is put upon.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Also who voted very bad and didn't say why it was very bad?

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
I, bcause it is a download that will take 68 hours on my connection, IMO, thats bad... Im not saying content is, but I can't go on just what people say in the forums...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
So you haven't even played it yet, and you've said its crap? :wtf:

You didn't expect a mod with a massive amount of content to be a large filesize, also there was the multiple VP version that we've been releasing for months beforehand for people who couldn't download it all at once.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
*ties Hippo to a stake*

*burns him*

I'm only at the Diablo mission, and I love it (okay, the mission where you have to attack the Arcas is a bit tedious).

--General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
After a few run throughs, I found it a bit tedious too :D
The missions will really jump in difficulty soon :)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Black Wolf
BTW, why the shift back to FS1 style briefing/Ship select icons?

Because I like the FS1 icons better, and they where far easier to make.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Woomeister

The missions will really jump in difficulty soon :)

*kisses ass goodbye*

--General Battuta

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
When is sceduled release for Release 2? Anytime soon?