Author Topic: Vorlons and Shadows in BP 3.2 ?  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Carnage

Vorlons and Shadows in BP 3.2 ?
Today i saw screenshots here in the Forum with Shadow Ships ? But i cant found them in the Game ? Can they be download seperatly ? And are there some Missions to fight against them ?

I all SciFi Series, I think the Shadow Battlecrap is the most terrible and scariest ship, and i really look foward to have on of theses Spiders into my gunsight

Greetings from Germany

Patrick

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
There are a lot of ships in this mod that no one has made a mission with yet.

If you want to know what's available crack open FRED and they'll be a nice dropdown showing you all the ships available in the mod starting with the EA Aurora.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Carnage

I have found the Shadow ships in the Editor. I want to create a simple mission just to see them, but i´m not knowing the button or command to insert new ships.

And if i try to change an old mission of mine, the game crash. In fred comes the error "cannot found file" or something like that ;(

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
The TBP team has provided a lot of ships for mission makers to play with. We only hope that people make use of all the hard work and start using them. Even if you don't know how to make missions, don't worry. Fred Academy  is exactly the right place to start from :)

EDIT: Didn't notice your post there, Carnage. Check out the help topics in FRED, they are a great asset when you make your first mission.

Offline Carnage

i only need the key to insert ships :-)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
IPAndrews made a fun little test mission, which puts you in a Vorlon fighter (together with other fighters , transports and cruisers) against a small Shadow fleet.

Absolutley non-canon, but awesome fun, I hope IP doesn't mind if I put it up here :nervous:

Download, and put in \data\missions\ folder
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Originally posted by Carnage
i only need the key to insert ships :-)

Moin. ;)

Stg+klicken
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by DaBrain
Moin. ;)

Nabend.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Carnage

Ach deutsche gibts hier auch ;)

Was kann das denn sein, wenn ich eine alte mission ändern und ein Narn Schiff durch eine Schattenschiff ersetze kommt immer "Freespace kann datei nicht finden"

Offline Carnage

Try this : I have only add an StarFury and an Shadow Battelcrap in a new mission, but when i start freespace form the editor, their came "System cannot found the file"

Auf deutsch halt System kann die datei nicht finden

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Just launch the game as you normally do. If you can't find your mission, see readme.

Offline Carnage

When i try it in the normal game it also crash

Whas it a mistake to install 3.2 over 3.1 ?????:confused:

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
You might have to delete or move somewhere else your B5 core 3.1 vp that might be interfering if its still in there.:confused:
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
When you get an error?
What does the error say?

It does not matter at all if you install 3.2 over 3.0 or 3.1, unless you have renamed original files.

Offline -Norbert-

I installed 3.2 over 3.1 and could make a mission and play it ingame.
I only had the problem, that I couldn't target any of the ships I placed in it, even though they aren't invisible, protected or anything.

I installed 3.2 over 3.1 and had no problem, oddly.

Anyways, since this thread is Shadows/Vorlons, any idea when we shall see the Star Dreadnaught?

Offline Carnage

Hmm, now i have created some missions with the shadows for testing

Hmmm, they wont fire on me. I have activated full beam but nothing happen. dont they attack fighters with the purple beam.

Is there a chance that we see "cloak device" like hyperspace jumps and "rotten" destroyed shadow ships ?

Also the spitfire shadow fighter seems a little bored of firing on me

And last but not least, i want to say thank you to the hole team ! This mod is great and i gets better and better with every update !

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
The standard shadow slicer beams only attack capships. Use the slicer AAA weapons to attack fighters. Eventually there will be a change weapon SEXP to allow you to switch between the two during a mission, but not yet. The Shadow fighters tend to exhaust their energy reserves quite quickly. Something we'll fix when the SCP fixes the power output table entry so that it actually does something.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Um, a bit late, but if you still want to learn the basics of FRED, do the walkthrough (available through the help menu).
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp