Author Topic: Post retail or gameplay bugs here!  (Read 52842 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Post errors/bugs/problems here!
Originally posted by Goober5000

:rolleyes:
C-3-No Valid Items

Exactly. Last time I checked, you weren't allowed to issue orders to Delta in either the original FS campaign or the Port.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Anvirol

• http://fingaming.0wns.org
For some weird reason I don't get the cutscenes that would appear after few missions.

The Intro movie has been working perfectly but the cutscenes between missions wont work. What should I do?

I have copied all .mve movie files from both cd's to \FreeSpace2\data\movies

Only thing that suprised me was that the movies folder didn't exist before so I had to make one. If someone knows what's screwed up, please tell me.

-Thanks

Otherwise the mod has been working perfectly untill now. Keep up the good work!

Offline Anvirol

Anyone?

I have read few more threads about the same problem but none of them have answers that would make any sense :)

Would the creators of FS Port be so kind and get the cutscenes working ? :)

It's a lot less emonational game (or the plot doesn't feel so good as it did before) without the great cutscenes :-)

If the cutscenes wont be implemented into fsport (althought I dont see any good reason why not), please make some kind of patch/instructions how to get those working.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The campaign is set up to play the Lab, Briefing, and Hall Fight cutscenes, but not any of the Ancients. Those are done as stages in the Command Briefings so that people without the cutscenes can still access them.

If you want, I can have them play the cutscene and hav ethem in the Command Brief... so long as you don't mind seeing it twice. In fact, I think I will do that. :)

Oh, and Towani? You've disabled PMs and don't have any Instant Messaging services in your profile. How can we contact you?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Grey Wolf

GE, I just sent you a zip containing fixes to the ships.tbl and weapons.tbl due to the fact that Fred2Open belches warnings at you when you have the port installed due to little errors in the tables.

EDIT: Towani? The error you mentioned with only the engine glows showing up is due to the game not being able to find the textures. Try extracting them to the maps directory.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003, 04:08:22 pm by 102 »
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Towani

My! apologies, PM is now enabled.

Over the next few days I'll be running tests to see the exact situation with multiplayer and FSPort, what modes work :), and what doesn't :(. After that I'll move onto balance issues.

>Grey Wolf 2009 said:
>Try extracting them to the maps directory.

Thanks, I'll be sure to try that out :) .
« Last Edit: April 01, 2003, 11:24:17 am by 1081 »

Offline Anvirol

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
The campaign is set up to play the Lab, Briefing, and Hall Fight cutscenes, but not any of the Ancients. Those are done as stages in the Command Briefings so that people without the cutscenes can still access them.

If you want, I can have them play the cutscene and hav ethem in the Command Brief... so long as you don't mind seeing it twice. In fact, I think I will do that. :)

Aight, thanks :)
I hope v 2.1 will be out soon :-) ( I know I know... "when it's done" so dont bother to say it :D)

First of all, congratulations on your great work with the FS1 port!

I have installed FS2-SOTY and the FS1 port as per instructions, but I am facing 2 problems:

1) In the tech room, all ships are visible but no description appears on the bottom panel.
2) In the tech room again, whenever I try to switch to weapons, FS just quits to desktop without any messages. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Mythrantar
First of all, congratulations on your great work with the FS1 port!

Thanks, and welcome to the HLPBB! :) Now bring all your friends along too. :D

I have installed FS2-SOTY and the FS1 port as per instructions, but I am facing 2 problems:

1) In the tech room, all ships are visible but no description appears on the bottom panel.

This was necessary to conserve space.  Cramming both the FS1 ships and the FS2 ships into the same database meant that the unnecessary stuff had to go.  However, you can still read FS1 tech descriptions here.

2) In the tech room again, whenever I try to switch to weapons, FS just quits to desktop without any messages. Any ideas?

This is a known bug with the original game - it crashes with custom weapons.  Again, you can find the original tech descriptions on the Tech Freespace site.

Thanks in advance!

You're welcome. :)

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
Originally posted by Anvirol
For some weird reason I don't get the cutscenes that would appear after few missions.

The Intro movie has been working perfectly but the cutscenes between missions wont work. What should I do?

I have copied all .mve movie files from both cd's to \FreeSpace2\data\movies

Only thing that suprised me was that the movies folder didn't exist before so I had to make one. If someone knows what's screwed up, please tell me.

-Thanks

Otherwise the mod has been working perfectly untill now. Keep up the good work!

I have the 2.1 release, and am having the exact same problem. None of them, except for the opening cutscene, works. If I rename Hallfight.mve to Intro.mve, it plays at the opening, so I assume nothing's off with the cutscenes themselves.

Aside from that, beautiful stuff. Love the Hi-Res textures.

Offline jc4jc

• Tap tap tapping
    • http://www.geocities.com/jc84jc00
Hey when I incounter the Lucifer in the mission 'Playing Judic' I was found out. I shoot at the Lucifer and the shields did some thing crazy. I saw big slabes of shielding going thourgh the hull and in some places the weapons would hit the hull. this is very disterbing.:confused:
There is an appointed time for everything...
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up...
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
                                   Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
                                    JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth's Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Well, the shielding effect isn't perfect, since the polies on the Lucifer shield mesh are much bigger than anything on the fighter shields, and it's concave in parts. But at least it's there.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
After experiencing some problems with my own campaign "GTI Untold Sorties" (see related thread for details), I've gone back to playing the Port for a while, also to see what's new.  I've already found a few errors, the most blatant of which is the presence of shielding on your fellow Valkyries in the mission where you capture McCarthy.

In addition, I believe its during the command briefing when you're told about the emergence of the HoL (though I could be wrong), who ever was writing it must have accidentally used quotation marks, because part of one stage is missing.

Thirdly, in the first mission you get to fly the Hercules, the mission briefing at one point has two icons for the Galatea.

I'll keep sending things in as I find them.

Later!

Addition:
I was recently playing "Playing Judas" (where you fly the captured Dragon & scan all of those ships & cargo), and encountered a problem.  The way the mission is supposed to go, once the Lucifer arrives, and you complete your scans, you are ordered to enter the destroyer's docking bay.  Once you get to them, a wing of Manticores is launched, you are discovered, and ordered to withdraw.  This is accomplished by positioning waypoints that correspond to the destroyer's docking bay once it comes to a stop, and if you get within 200 m of it, the Manticores are launched.  It seems however, that either the Lucifer has been accidentally repositioned (or re-oriented), or the waypoints are way off.  I edited the locations of they waypoints as best as I could remember (one of the Shivan sentries was right next to the docking bay), but I couldn't get it right.  Also, one of the docking bay waypoints was labelled "Bat" instead of "Bay"... just a minor problem.

Later!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 02:34:39 am by 1268 »
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline jc4jc

• Tap tap tapping
    • http://www.geocities.com/jc84jc00
lucifer shields
Hey when I incounter the Lucifer in the mission 'Playing Judic' I was found out. I shoot at the Lucifer and the shields did some thing crazy. I saw big slabes of shielding going thourgh the hull and in some places the weapons would hit the hull. this is very disterbing.

never mind the problem was with fs2_open. I't made the shields bigger and slaby. Maybe this is something to report to SCP bug.
There is an appointed time for everything...
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up...
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
                                   Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
                                    JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth's Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Minor error:

In the Silent Threat mission Hellfire (when you take down 3 Shivan cruisers), the icon for the Delta-Serpentis jump node in the briefing is shown as a Knossos instead of a regular jump node.

Later!

New addition:

I was playing the attack on the GTI command base and the arrival of the Hades mission recently, and noticed that some of the Loki were armed with Subach HL-7 cannons... naughty, naughty!  After checking through it in FRED, I realized that all of the Loki coming from the Hades were armed with the table default settings, including missiles.  I expanded further and noted several other discrepinces were default FS2 weaponry was employed on fighters, bombers, and even the GTA cruiser, which had beam mounts.  While these won't obviously fire without the beam-free-all sexp, there is still the problem of there not being turret mounts at those positions to agument the cruiser's firepower.  I also found Kaysers as turret guns on Ursas.  I looked further into this and found several instances throughout the ported Silent Threat where FS2 weaponry is used.  I made the changes in my own extracted copy, but I suggest you repair this for future releases.  I haven't taken a look through the main FS campaign yet, but I'll report my findings.

Later!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2003, 12:32:11 am by 1268 »
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
Minor error:

In the Silent Threat mission Hellfire (when you take down 3 Shivan cruisers), the icon for the Delta-Serpentis jump node in the briefing is shown as a Knossos instead of a regular jump node.

Later!

New addition:

I was playing the attack on the GTI command base and the arrival of the Hades mission recently, and noticed that some of the Loki were armed with Subach HL-7 cannons... naughty, naughty!  After checking through it in FRED, I realized that all of the Loki coming from the Hades were armed with the table default settings, including missiles.  I expanded further and noted several other discrepinces were default FS2 weaponry was employed on fighters, bombers, and even the GTA cruiser, which had beam mounts.  While these won't obviously fire without the beam-free-all sexp, there is still the problem of there not being turret mounts at those positions to agument the cruiser's firepower.  I also found Kaysers as turret guns on Ursas.  I looked further into this and found several instances throughout the ported Silent Threat where FS2 weaponry is used.  I made the changes in my own extracted copy, but I suggest you repair this for future releases.  I haven't taken a look through the main FS campaign yet, but I'll report my findings.

Later!

I have and the Vasudans are useing Kaysers as turrets on their Amun bombers! pluse the Madusas are use Prom-R types in their turrets, I have a perfect sound for the FS1 Prom that I made It sounds just like it did in the FS2 leadin cutseen, that is if anybody whan'ts it I got it off another mod but it works.

On top of all of that the Shivan cains, and Lilliths are not useing their old defalut weapons loadouts! they are all scrude up with some guns shooting big lasers and some shooting small it looks funny. I allso have taken note that the newer Tables are so picky that I can't have to banks of Rockeyes in the Myrmidon's first two small banks, and the Apollo can't have the Fury missiles loaded into it's second missile bank wich both come up as bank FIVE!?:hopping:
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
The Ported ST was crap. We didn't bother spending much time on it, since it sucks anyway and we're doing a much better job on ST:R. If I were you I wouldn't even bother playing it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by StarGunner
I allso have taken note that the newer Tables are so picky that I can't have to banks of Rockeyes in the Myrmidon's first two small banks, and the Apollo can't have the Fury missiles loaded into it's second missile bank wich both come up as bank FIVE!?:hopping:

It sounds like you're using a version of fs2_open that still has the bank loadout bug.  Update to the latest version. :nod:

Originally posted by Goober5000

It sounds like you're using a version of fs2_open that still has the bank loadout bug.  Update to the latest version. :nod:

Whats the latest? I got 3.5.5, If theres one thats better post a link please. BTW Thanks
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
3.5.5 should work... are you sure that's what you're using?  Check the version number in the lower left corner of the main hall.