Author Topic: TBP on Linux/MacOSX  (Read 254112 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
It should be working now actually. The issue that broke the link has been fixed earlier today.

Well it no longer 404s, instead we get a "Forbidden" message now.

EDIT: Scratch that. Only the link in my sig isn't working, since directory browsing is disabled. But the link in the very first post here is working.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 12:43:44 pm by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline tracker

Large a mercy has you for this MOD, I have create a French topic on
this page :
http://quedubonheur.monforum.fr/installer-freespace2-sur-linux-rapide-et-facile-vt172280.html

Or then I to find of another missions?

Does one of my friends have this error: ERROR: "Could not load exp04 anim file" at fireball/fireballs.cpp:697 

excuse me for my English I am French

How do i make The game work on a MAC OS X 10.4.6 or 10.4.8?
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
You need a Mac OSX binary. Either compile yourself fromt the 3.6.7 source or you might find a binary in the "Cross platform development" subforum. AFAIK the current CVS isn't working on OSX, but ask Taylor for more details.

But I'll soon know more, since I just got my hands on a new MacBook and I want to test TBP on it.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

And where can i find a Cross platform development subforemß
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline Srdjant

Hello everyone.

I'd like to try this mod out. I can't find any non-windows downloads ( != *.exe), and the link on this thread's
original post gives me HTTP/404.

Where can I get data files/missions etc. in a format that can be used in Linux
     (ie. not contained in a self-extracting windows .exe)?

Thanks a lot.

-Srdjant

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I'm currently looking for alternative hosting options for the Linux package. I'll post here when it's available.

Btw, are multi-part RARs feasable for Linux users ? I'm not sure offhand if the Linux tools can handle them.

EDIT: Forget the RARs. I've made new seperate tar.gz files for the base install and the 2 campaigns, uploading them now (this might take a while). I'll update the first post with the new links tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 05:24:25 pm by Col. Fishguts »

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Done. Check the very first post of this thread.

Offline Srdjant

Col. Fishguts

Thanks for uploading those.
However I get problems.

[srdjant@thor /data4/TheBabylonProject]$ tar xfv RW2_01.vp.tar.gz
B5-C-sp-RW01-2_01.vp
tar: Read 6653 bytes from RW2_01.vp.tar.gz
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
[srdjant@thor /data4/TheBabylonProject]$

[srdjant@thor /data4/TheBabylonProject]$ md5sum RW2_01.vp.tar.gz
44dea47a0cc1cb3a29989933f285865d  RW2_01.vp.tar.gz
[srdjant@thor /data4/TheBabylonProject]$ ls -l RW2_01.vp.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 srdjant users 163385853 2007-01-18 13:08 RW2_01.vp.tar.gz

Also get this:

tar xfv TBP3_3a_base.tar.gz
 --- snip ---
fs2_open_r
B5-A-Patch-3.3a.vp
B5-Core-3_3.vp
tar: Read 10063 bytes from TBP3_3a_base.tar.gz
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

[srdjant@thor /data4/TheBabylonProject]$ md5sum TBP3_3a_base.tar.gz
e7a54c2258751306cfafdecc2ba7805c  TBP3_3a_base.tar.gz
[srdjant@thor /data4/TheBabylonProject]$ ls -l TBP3_3a_base.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 srdjant users 422952783 2007-01-18 12:39 TBP3_3a_base.tar.gz

I've used the binary you provided, and it errored out when loading aurora.ibx

I've got fs2_open 3.6.7 from cvs so I'll compile that soon and try it with that binary.
Seems to me that the files you uploaded are corrupt. Or maybe my download got corrupt.
Only EMW2_0.tar.gz extracts without problems.
Can you please reply with your md5sums for those files so I can see if I got anything corrupted?

Thanks.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
You're right, two files seem to have been corrupted during the upload.

I've added the md5 checksums to the first post. That won't help you just right now, since I first have to reupload the corrupted files, then donwload them to check their integrity.

I'll notify you here when I'm sure the uploaded files are intact.

I'm pretty sure the runtime error is caused by the corrupt game data.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Ok, it seems the problem was that mydatabus always corrupts tar.gz files. So I packed them into zip files.

All links in the first post have been updated with working links to intact files. Note that the md5 sums refer to the zip files, not the tar.gz files in them.

Hey, i just had a question. Can you create a mission for the Project and play it on a MAC?
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Sure. While FRED is Windows-only , the created mission files are platform-independent.

Are you sure? I'm just asking since I tried it and it didnt work.

I'll try it again.
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Hey,

If anybody who has a MAC can try this and see if they work, that would be great!

If this mission does work on a MAC, can somebody pls tell me what I have to do to make it work on a MAC?

[attachment deleted by admin]
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Hey,

If anybody who has a MAC can try this and see if they work, that would be great!

If this mission does work on a MAC, can somebody pls tell me what I have to do to make it work on a MAC?

I'm hurt, will anybody help me?
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
There is nothing platform specific about missions, so if it works on any platform it will work on all platforms.

And what do you mena that it doesn't work?  Does the mission not load, not show up in the simroom, crash, give an error message ... what?

it doesnt show up, at all
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

When I click on tech room, single missions, its not there
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One