Author Topic: Past SCP Versions  (Read 1933 times)

Hey, I'm having a sense of nostalgia this week, so i was just wondering where i can download past versions (i mean like the really old ones) of FSO so i can see what they were like. I know they outta be full of bugs, but i just want to try 'em out to see how they are. Download links are appreciated, and thanks in advance!
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Well you can go here to the fs-scp website, and on the menu over there click downloads, and the rest should be self explanatory. fs-scp website

But, while it is easy to get a hold of the older builds, i wouldn't know if the older mvp's are available or not still. And if they are, then that's a lot of bandwidth and waiting for a lot of mvp's for different versions to download.

For nostalgia. I started up with version 3.6.5, and it was nice, you could definitely tell it was a work in progress. Then 3.6.6 was about the same. 3.6.7 came along and that was when the mvp's really started taking off as well as the scp builds integrating new stuff like voice recognition. Although as nice as 3.6.7 was, it wasn't out for very long until the 3.6.8 mvp's came out as well as new cvs builds for them (at the time everybody was told to use cvs since there wasn't a stable official version...the cvs builds are still very nice today). And now we are waiting for the 3.6.9 mvp's, and that's going to blow us all away, nobody knows when (at least we have the 3.6.9 official build).

The other thing is that among experiencing bugs, you're likely to not notice anything different unless you have the mvp's for the corresponding version of the scp build they go for, and that's where you're nostalgia will be heavily nested besides seeing when new lighting affects were added, and the ability to play with ****ty directx (idk why some people just need to play in dx mode, ogl looks better and is faster among many other things).

While you're at you're project, you should take a good deal of screenshots, and start up a new thread something like scp history or something. I'd really like to see what you come across and see as i'm sure many others here would like to see as well (and because i haven't seen screenshots for anything older than 3.6.5).
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

hey, sure, i'll do that. I guess i'm looking for the older mvp versions then. Anybody else know a place where i can get them?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Lol, i would check around in the freespace upgrade forum. That's where people get routed to download mvp's that are hosted god knows where. And for the mean time, you can get a hold of the 3.6.7 mvp's at the download section of the fs-scp website at the .VP files link.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

alright, thanks

EDIT: Ya, i'm already seeing a bug. When i fire the subach i see the new projectile, but no glow, but instead a black box around it. Any way to fix this?

EDIT 2: The explosions in 3.6.7 mvps look really cool! any way i can use them to replace the current ones, but still keep all the other 3.6.9 effects?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 11:45:58 am by haloboy100 »
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
We're skipping the 3.6.9 VPs and going straight to 3.6.10.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

no, i mean taking them from the 3.6.7. mvps and putting them in the current ones i have.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's probably just a case of extracting the right files and sticking them in mediavps\Data\Effects.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
What about really old versions like 1.0 or 2.0. Is there a history of the SCP?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

ya, thats what i'm wondering.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.