Author Topic: 3d moddeling programs  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
3d moddeling programs
C'mon guys! Spill out the programs you use and were can I get them or Shareware versions  

------------------
"Out there there's no time to think... if you think, you're dead..." - Maverick
"Wissa got a grand army!" - Jar Jar
"...So we're talking about dropping the bottom first... very, very, very operand riding...!" - "Dik" Cox
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Black Ace

• The Traveler
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp

Originally posted by Raven2001:
C'mon guys! Spill out the programs you use and were can I get them or Shareware versions

No offense, bird boy, but this topic has been started about 10 times in the past month, and some have been fairly recent... try browing through old posts or using the neato search feature!  

Don't be a lazy goose...

------------------
Staff Member, Hard Light Productions
Creator / Project Coordinator: The Perfect Storm
TPS Forums Page - Click Here
Think you've got killer vocal cords? Voice actors needed! Email me @                         [email protected]                          

These detonators were a piece of junk! I even followed the directions... - Lt. Commander Snipes - Special Operations Command

[This message has been edited by Black Ace (edited 06-25-2001).]
Staff Member,Hard Light Productions

Creator / Project Coordinator:The Perfect Storm

Black Ace 2.1a - "I've been beyond the rim... and back!"

Offline Fattony

• Banned

Posted by Black Ace:
Don't be a lazy goose...

No. Be a three legged duck.  

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Ok I saw other posts... but they talk about other programs but they don't talk were can I get them...

Where can I get 3d Studio Max and Lightwave??
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Um, you don't unless you have $$$$.

Please refrain from discussing warez, I don't want to close another topic.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Can't I even DL or order a shareware version of these programs??

Raven is a god.

Offline Snipes

• http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/us
What's a warez?

------------------
United Space
Newsie, Modder, Slave to Asta
------------------
"Snipes... Is The Dark Continent."

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Can't I even DL or order a shareware version of these programs??

They offer a trial CD on the 3ds Max webpage, but I'm not sure whether it's any good for this type of thing.  Costs about $10 to post, I think, but I'm not sure about shipping outside the US.

Offline Snipes

• http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/us
That's retarded...  $10 to send a cd? How can that be, if AOL will send you hundreds a day for free?  Pointless...

------------------
United Space
Newsie, Modder, Slave to Asta
------------------
"Snipes... Is The Dark Continent."

Offline Pez

Originally posted by Snipes:
That's retarded...  $10 to send a cd? How can that be, if AOL will send you hundreds a day for free?  Pointless...

For me it's quite understandable. They want to sent the demo to serious people (who are willing to pay 10 $, and are willing to buy the product later on) and not to every 3d artist wannabe in the world who just want to try the demo cause they have a friend who can download warez.

Plus that Discreet is not a big company like AOL and I guess it cost pretty much to sent a cd around the world.

Pez

[This message has been edited by Pez (edited 06-26-2001).]

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

What's a warez?

*groan* Snipes.... don't start.....  

------------------
"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions

What's a warez?

Sorry, you misspelled it. The proper spelling is "wherez" and it's a thingymajig for finding something you lost.

i.e. asking "wherez ma coat?" can result in your coat being found.

------------------
AAAGGGHHHHH, SOMETHING GREEN!
(easily scared people from the planet of the easily scared people)

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Wherez a goddamn 3ds Max DL???????

Raven is a god.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Wherez a goddamn 3ds Max DL???????

OK, plain and simple: 3D Studio MAX costs a few thousand dollars last time I checked. So unless you want this topic to be owned by someone, don't ask.  

------------------
"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill