Author Topic: Your first game....*aww*  (Read 15404 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Re: Your first game....*aww*
Some 'Space Invaders' clone for some ancient Commodore PC. Must have been around 1990.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

The Land Before Time, or was it Doom? I forget...

Edit: It may Have been Descent 2, I was more afraid of the guide bot than my enemies....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 02:18:27 pm by Starkweather »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Mechwarrior 3. I bought it when I bought my first PC, plus I got the Sidewinder. :D
First game EVAR though, I'd have to say it was Sonic and Knuckles.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Reader Rabbit on an old IBM :p

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Chip's Challenge in Windows 3.1 on the first PC my family got. Although, that came with Windows, so the first REAL game for me was Tie Fighter. 8)
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hmmm... Commander Keen? Or was it Castle Wolfenstein?
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Descent: Freespace  :p
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
Probably Sim City 2000.

Offline Descenter

• Gamers Rule, but so do Thoes Who Make Them
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Descent: Freespace  :p

Wow...you never started playing games until then?  not to be rude, but how old are you again?
"War is like playing a game of chess.  You move units on a field, and stratiegically try to weaken the opposing force, a sort of... elequent ballet.  Sure you might lose a few units,.... but, at times, it all part of the plan..."

"Most of the human race really don't give a damn.  Well I do, and I try to do something about it by giving a damn."

Duke nukem - the original on my dads old 486 machine :) - bringin back the memories :D  :pimp:

Chip's Challenge in Windows 3.1 on the first PC my family got. Although, that came with Windows, so the first REAL game for me was Tie Fighter. 8)

Chip's Challenge! How could I have forgotten that game! *slaps his head*

I really should play that again... is it installed on XP machines?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
DIGGER!!!

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I think my first was the original Commander Keen if I remember correctly.
I am a revolutionary.

awww Digger

how about Oil Well or Bubble Bobble or stellar 7/nova 9 or silpheed or thexdar or.... LOL

I remember Ace of Aces, i know it's not the first game i played, but still very old

Edit: Opps that didn't work heres the link http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=1860
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 05:47:19 am by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Davros

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
My first computer game I played was in fact pong on the original Atari, (shows how old I am  :nervous:) and the first computer game I owned was an Intellivision console with Space Battles, Tron, Skiing and Football cartridges, after that I played on friends ZX81 and Spectrums until I once asked for my own computer and was bought an Oric Atmos (WTF? I hear you say, and I was the same) there were no games for this, only a handbook for programming in BASIC for it. I spent hours copying some of the games from the book onto the computer and then saving them onto cassettes only for them not to work and then I had to spend a few more hours going through the code line by line correcting my errors until they worked. Then the games were rubbish, such as a fruit machine type game  :ick: I soon gave up on this. Eventually I got my own PC approximately 10 years ago and I haven't looked back since. (Although I have had NES, SNES, Sega Master Systems, Megadrives, Sega Saturns, Playstations and PS2s over the years, the PC is still my favourite  :nod:)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
GATO on the Commodore 64.

Damn the patrol boats. Damn them to hell.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
frogger, i think
damn that was back in ancient times too. when i was like 5 or 6.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Roanoke

the Amstrad CPC464 came with a raft of Amsoft games. The first game I really remember was Ghostbusters (first game I went out and bought).

Offline maxxus

Other than Solitaire, my first PC game was SimEarth *nods*