Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 597527 times)

Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
What does that have to do with anything ?

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
I never had HoTDs, but... What about Oculus VR?

HoTDS supports both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. I played it on the Vive and the immersion and sense of scale is amazing. No motion sickness either, despite fast movement, and I am quite prone to VR sickness in other games with moving camera.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Lorric

You wouldn't be wrong except that you literally can't get any mission-based space sims except this one. There's nothing.
Not quite. There is this:

But it has received poor reviews. It is however cheap if anyone is just burning to play such a game or likes what they see. This game also required Kickstarter to exist rather than a dev just making this kind of game.

Oh yeah, Starlight... I backed it, but haven't played it at all since beta...

Maybe I'll give it a shot

Offline Lorric

Oh yeah, Starlight... I backed it, but haven't played it at all since beta...

Maybe I'll give it a shot
I would be interested to hear what you think of it if you do.

i'm watching the citizencon livestream, it's ASTONISHINGLY boring
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Like I recommend watching it just to appreciate how boring it is, the hype machine has just vanished into a puff of introversion.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

No Squadron 42 previews AT ALL. That's another hype train aflame and brakeless, then!

Offline Axem

Yeah that was "something". My summation of the whole thing was "Suppose They Gave A Games Conference And Nobody Gamed?"

I can't even do a humorous summary, there was so much nothing. Just recaps, showing off a totally-not-discord-or-slack discord/slack service, and absolutely nebulous previews of things to come (such as research and science, exploration and discovery).

The 'game play' tech demo they showed off appeared to be frustratingly linear and bizarrely not immersive in the slightest. It started and ended with dramatic cinematic camera angles that you can be sure wouldn't be in the actual game (unless for some reason CR decides its part of the immersiveness). And for all of the noise and hype made over "you can play this game however you want", the fact that you couldn't land your space chariot where you please and were forced to get out a land rover to head to your objectives with conveniently placed ambushes and immersion breaking cutscenes was... embarrassing to say the least. Its amazing they couldn't land right next to their first objective with unlimited visibility and very little present wind. Nope gotta find a landing pad in the middle of no where just 2km away and land there!

Even more embarrassing was the attempts at trying to recreate parts of Star Wars with the not-sand-people sand people and the not-a-giant-ship-crashed-in-the-desert giant ship crashed in the desert, and Dune with the "totally not Shai-Hulud" Shai-Hulud.

The only redeeming factor was how the ending cinematic glitched out by playing twice. Suddenly appearing water droplets on the camera in space and all.

5/7.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Yeah, I'm convinced that I want a full refund now. I just don't have the patience to deal with their sidestepping.

[EDIT] Wow, I've pledged $600 over 4 years. I'm a ****ing idiot.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:35:11 am by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Citizenship must be earned o7

Earned by giving us money, it's a classic form of citizenship o7

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I can't even do a humorous summary

Yeah, i just watched their "live-demo" mission, with the intent of making some snarky comment here.
But dear god, what a shockingly boring uninspired piece of generic fetch quest with blatantly stolen Star Wars / Dune mashup.
Plus all the glitching/flickering janky mess of moving around and the old classic of water droplets on the visor at random places (including in deep space).

If I were a backer, that presentation would worry me. And looking over a the brown sea, it looks like the natives are not amused by what they saw.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
If I were a backer, that presentation would worry me. And looking over a the brown sea, it looks like the natives are not amused by what they saw.

This. **** it, I'm emailing CIG.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Yeah I'm real happy I thought the initial fighter shown off in the first trailer looked like a fugly 40K Valkyrie rip off and did not invest.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
No SQ42 this year. I'm sure you're all shocked, but it seems like they forgot to develop the game. They left out minor details such as "pathfinding logic", "mission system integration", and "improved combat logic".

No SQ42 this year. I'm sure you're all shocked, but it seems like they forgot to develop the game. They left out minor details such as "pathfinding logic", "mission system integration", and "improved combat logic".

But thank god they invested all that time and effort in eye stabilization.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
So I sent an email requesting a refund for just the digital stuff, which will probably improve my chances, though I'm still expecting a multi-paragraph response claiming that any refund request is invalid due to some TOS change they made without telling anybody. Pretty sure a couple of things I bought aren't even usable anymore.

Online Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

CREDIT GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

CREDIT GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP

Would You Like to Know More?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”