Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 597746 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Keep us up to speed on your refund saga! (I'm sure the goons have a guide somewhere.)
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline MikeRoz

What a disappointment to have their best day of crowdfunding ever before THAT.
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Citizenship must be earned o7

Earned by giving us money, it's a classic form of citizenship o7

Let's hope they don't consider all the other classical forms of awarding citizenship (like militia service *shivers*)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

****, Spoon.  I want a refund, and I never bought into the game in the first place.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Get a refund anyway, just to be on the safe side!  :p

Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Omg. They are actually trying to be everything. From day -5000.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Ate they being the whole of destiny and dune?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I got a reply back. They're telling me that my money would come out of the paychecks and that my funds were already applied. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

These development activities and their results are demonstrated in regular presentations and direct access to the live service as illustrated above. Pledged funds are not held in reserve or pocketed, but devoted to the technology, resources, and talent needed to make the game. Once services are paid, it is not really possible to ask our employees to give back their pay checks. It is also not really appropriate to take such funds from other backers who pledged their money to see the game made to give refunds to other backers. Therefore, we ask that you please consider the potential harm done to the game in refunding pledges that have already been applied to development.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Do not let CIG try to guilt you out of getting a refund.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Guilt works both ways.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
"Good. Give me my money as you promised you would be willing to do when I gave it."
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Oh, I'm not. I'm literally just one cog in a machine of many thousands. They make a fair amount of money off of their CitizenCon stuff, too. No, I'm just trying to figure out how I should respond.

Offline Luis Dias

I think NG's comment serves as a good tone template. If you're worried about the guilt-tripping double standard like Ironbeer, you can add that you also have bills to pay.

The SA thread is paywalled again but this article seems to summarise a lot of strategies the goons developed to force CIG to pay up (don't bother with cargo-cult bull**** like deleting your social media accounts though).
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
I think NG's comment serves as a good tone template. If you're worried about the guilt-tripping double standard like Ironbeer, you can add that you also have bills to pay.
A little clarity: it's almost a year to the day from when I washed my hands of my beta pledge. My comment simply offered a reminder that actual human beings on the other end of this will read and process your request.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
A little clarity: it's almost a year to the day from when I washed my hands of my beta pledge. My comment simply offered a reminder that actual human beings on the other end of this will read and process your request.

But if they thought for two seconds they'd realize that my refund basically accounts for something like $1.50 out of everyone's paychecks if I was really asking people to give up their paychecks. They just don't want to give money back.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Honestly, the fact they're trying to throw hard-sell "this is my job, man!" **** at you for getting a refund is probably the most damning thing that's come out in this thread.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Luis Dias

Exactly. It's guilt tripping. "You are about to cause suffering and possible unemployment for a lot of Good people, what kind of monster are you?"
Don't fall for that crap. It's a company that has failed to provide the promised goods. You are perfectly entitled to your refund and a ****ing apology for both the failure on their part and the guilt tripping attempt.