Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578030 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Sandwich decided the floor was boring. We fixed that too.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
So...

Is there a way for you gentlemen to prop that thing any higher up in the air than it is now?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
So...

Is there a way for you gentlemen to prop that thing any higher up in the air than it is now?

Nope - it's already stretching from bedrock to the build height limit, and of course the entire radar section is cut off, as is the bottom missile turret. *shrug*

In other news... chip in here, please: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/973217-4d-biomes/ ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline -Sara-

Looks nice! Sorry for my absence, seems I got a bit of a winter blehhh like every year.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Looks nice! Sorry for my absence, seems I got a bit of a winter blehhh like every year.
I know that feel. :(
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

I was having the New Year's bleh
Then it snowed
I promptly frolicked down the street catching big fluffy flakes all day
"No"

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yarr..I can play again.

And with that I want to ask for some help form you minecrafters. I'm stuck with the castle..dunno what to build (on the inside).
So I invite you to build rooms, stairs..whatever. I need to fill that giant thing with something.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
And with that I want to ask for some help form you minecrafters. I'm stuck with the castle..dunno what to build (on the inside).
So I invite you to build rooms, stairs..whatever. I need to fill that giant thing with something.

You know, I might just do that. "I've got a fevah... and the only thing that can cure it, is more castle!"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Left you people building materials in the castle courtyard.
The storage is quite a walk way....

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Building in the End, you guys are crazy XD
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Yarr..I can play again.

You know what should be put in the castle? A Khorne Berzerker fighting a Space Marine. Chapter for the SM can be what you like, TrashMan.

But when warp functionality is restored. No way in hell am I going to New Trashmania with barely a clue as to where I need to travel to.

I should get to work on that walkway to JC's I was gonna build.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
But when warp functionality is restored. No way in hell am I going to New Trashmania with barely a clue as to where I need to travel to.
Hey, I just managed somehow a bit earlier today.  Even more amazingly, when I fumbled my way back home, I managed to line up exactly with my house!  I couldn't manage that again even if I was using dynmap. :D

Yarr..I can play again.

You know what should be put in the castle? A Khorne Berzerker fighting a Space Marine. Chapter for the SM can be what you like, TrashMan.

I should get to work on that walkway to JC's I was gonna build.
You can put the Berzerker in a time-out corner as an Ultramarine instructs him as to who his Spiritual Liege is. :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Any progress on inserting the backup chunks?
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I went to the End. As I jumped into the protal I got disconnected for moving too fast.

Now I'm in a area of nothingness. There is nothing ther except a few blocks of glass floating in the air....what gives?

EDIT: managed ot get out! Phew....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:16:03 pm by TrashMan »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I know someone with creative was doing something a looong way out from the actual landmass.  Maybe the game somehow plopped you there.

I fell into a YouTube Minecraft hole last night, and after seeing such crazy stuff as a thousand-pixel display and an actual functioning game of Pong, I came across someone engaging in a project called Far Lands or Bust.  Basically, this guy is physically walking out to the "Far Lands," the area where the terrain generator breaks down and creates these huge pitted cubes of land, out around 12 million blocks from spawn.  (This behavior was changed/fixed in 1.8, so he's still running 1.7.)  He's raising money for Child's Play in the process, so it's a good cause in addition to a crazy pursuit.

(I also stumbled across a few videos for making a working portcullis, which would be awesome for Trashmania. :D)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I fell into a YouTube Minecraft hole last night, and after seeing such crazy stuff as a thousand-pixel display and an actual functioning game of Pong, I came across someone engaging in a project called Far Lands or Bust.  Basically, this guy is physically walking out to the "Far Lands," the area where the terrain generator breaks down and creates these huge pitted cubes of land, out around 12 million blocks from spawn.  (This behavior was changed/fixed in 1.8, so he's still running 1.7.)  He's raising money for Child's Play in the process, so it's a good cause in addition to a crazy pursuit.

Yeah, Kurt ended that campaign a few months ago with a 12-hour livestream or something like that. He didn't make it all the way to the Far Lands, though.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
I'm not one to complain, but there has been some strange behavior as of late that I feel should be made known to qaz and rhx. Twice I've been on as the server crashed, and whenever I relogged some time later, I'd always be back in my house (which was the last place I cleanly logged off) with a certain configuration of items in my inventory. Normally I'd simply attribute that to the server rolling back after a crash, but when I logged on just now, my inventory and position were reset, but some work that I had done around my estate has stuck. This is really weird, and I don't know if it's connected to the lack of warp plugins (which I'd politely like to see again before too long), but bugs like these can't be healthy.

[Edit] Oh, lawd- any items I placed in chests prior to crashes persists as well; I'm duplicating my supplies of Nether Wart and Slimeballs. Something's definitely not right.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:16:09 pm by IronBeer »
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
I'm not one to complain, but there has been some strange behavior as of late that I feel should be made known to qaz and rhx.
It's known and been happening for a while now when the server is laggy. Player data gets reset back to a certain point, but placed blocks and chest contents are saved. So if you wanna keep ur stuff safe, put everything in a chest before you log off, or if it starts getting laggy put away anything you dont need.

However the more pressing issue at the moment is the screwed up chunks.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:34:25 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n