Author Topic: Music!  (Read 4263 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Since I have seven CDs of Star Wars music, I'm taking the opportunity to mix and match game soundtracks. It's probably going to end up as a monstrous VP, but it will be necessary for the game atmosphere. Here are the soundtracks I'm working on so far:

Duel of the Fates
Gungan/Underwater
Kamino/Jango Fett
Alien/Urban
Battle of Yavin
Battle of Hoth
Asteroid Field chase
Return of the Jedi/Jabba
Battle of Endor

Briefing music.

Imperial March
Title theme
Qui-Gon's theme
Trade Federation march
Endor approach
Destruction of Alderaan
Podrace flag parade

Any help on deciphering the music.tbl would be appreciated.

And I'm not doing any more modeling until the Lambda is textured...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
It's very easy actually. But tell me what you need. Maybe I can help. :)

Offline Razor

Duel of the fates isn't really a good choice. It is much like for Jedi Knight games. But if you have Jedi Outcast you can extract some really neat music from it. :yes:

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
nice idea, i was just wondering if it would be possible to have the scp  working on having music as mp3

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
If you've got a soundblaster live! card, or indeed Creative Recorder, you can do MP3 --> wav conversions.

Of course, using Cool Edit also works!
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Killfrenzy
If you've got a soundblaster live! card, or indeed Creative Recorder, you can do MP3 --> wav conversions.

i have Creative WAVE STUDIO and I can convert, but unfortunately I am now stuck with 56K. GRR! :mad2:

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
Damn, that sucks!

But I'm also stuck with 56k.....BAH.....
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
------------

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
That's wierd actually that there are so many 56k users. Using cable or DSL is faster and far more cheaper. Like, I'm paying 18 bucks per month.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
Yeah but 56k works with phone lines. You need to put a special line in for cable/dsl/anything else.
------------

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by Ulundel
That's wierd actually that there are so many 56k users. Using cable or DSL is faster and far more cheaper. Like, I'm paying 18 bucks per month.
How the hell are you paying $18/month!??! The cheapest I've seen in my area is ~$40.

And also, I'm paying $10 for 56k :p
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Yeah but 56k works with phone lines. You need to put a special line in for cable/dsl/anything else.

It uses the exact same cable as your cable TV

DSL uses the phone lines

Grey's right though...round my area ... $40 is average for cable/DSL connections.
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
i thought that broadband conns were costing little less in usa

Offline Razor

Originally posted by Ulundel

Thanks for telling me that dude. I had ADSL, but I had to move to another town and I am right now in the area that doesn't have ADSL coverage.

Some of us don't have alot of choice in the matter. It's either 56K or nothing.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline Killfrenzy

• Randomly Existing
Indeed. No choice in the UK.....:(

I don't HAVE a cable TV, Warlock!
------------

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Anyone with WinAmp 2.x can cnvert MP3 -> WAV. Go to Preferences > Plugins > Output > Nullsoft Disk Writer plug-in. Make sure to hit "configure" to choose where to save the converted file, and then just hit "play".
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill