Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578502 times)

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
I'm OK with this.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Here's a thought: I don't know the specifics in terms of what mods were used, but I've been on servers that essentially have multiple "worlds" on them, in the same way that the Nether and End are treated as separate world maps from the basic overworld.  A setup like that would give the fresh new map, but also enable people in the midst of projects on the old map to continue on.  Is that within the realm of possibility?

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
I might be joining in September, glad to have a fresh start :) Any mods planned? I've been playing a lot of industrialcraft^2 recently and i've never had that much dun in vanilla :)
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Here's a thought: I don't know the specifics in terms of what mods were used, but I've been on servers that essentially have multiple "worlds" on them, in the same way that the Nether and End are treated as separate world maps from the basic overworld.  A setup like that would give the fresh new map, but also enable people in the midst of projects on the old map to continue on.  Is that within the realm of possibility?

I like this idea but if it isn't feasible then could a chest for each of the regulars filled with a few tools and a few exotic materials?  You wouldn't believe how much stuff I got saved up in my half built tower...  not to mention the time and effort it took to rebuild the netherrail when it last got wiped.

At least the old world is going up as a torrent.  I'll download it and stick it onto a DVD-RAM if it'll fit.  Won't be seeing any of that old style worldgen terrain ever again.   :(
Find me as Hojo Norem elsewhere...

butter_pat_head... a name picked in sheer desperation more than 10 years ago from some super obscure Red Dwarf reference.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
NoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

My vast kingdom!!!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

I'll give it a quick test

EDIT:
Alright, found a nice little plugin and have done all the necessary research on my server for it
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/edit-misc-tp-fun-multiverse-2-3-world-management-bukkitdev.3707/
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/files/23-2-4-ab/
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Custom-Generator-Plugins

Basically, once a world is created, anyone can teleport to it at will using the plugin command (there's a ingame help page for everything as well)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:41:57 am by deathfun »
"No"

I'll give it a quick test

EDIT:
Alright, found a nice little plugin and have done all the necessary research on my server for it
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/edit-misc-tp-fun-multiverse-2-3-world-management-bukkitdev.3707/
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/files/23-2-4-ab/
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-core/
https://github.com/Multiverse/Multiverse-Core/wiki/Custom-Generator-Plugins

Basically, once a world is created, anyone can teleport to it at will using the plugin command (there's a ingame help page for everything as well)

Nice.  Posting from work so I don't have time to check the links.  What would be cool is if the worlds could be linked via portals somehow, maybe only in the nether via a pair of master gates to keep each world's nether separate....
Find me as Hojo Norem elsewhere...

butter_pat_head... a name picked in sheer desperation more than 10 years ago from some super obscure Red Dwarf reference.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
That's what the Multiverse Portals plugin does for you
"No"

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I think what butter_pat_head is on about is having having a structure like a nether or end portal that the player can just stand in for a couple of seconds and the script kicks in to move you to the alt world
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
I think what butter_pat_head is on about is having having a structure like a nether or end portal that the player can just stand in for a couple of seconds and the script kicks in to move you to the alt world

That's what the Multiverse Portals plugin does for you

There's Core, Portals, and Nether Portals
I touched on Core which uses the TP command.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-portals/
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/multiverse-netherportals/
"No"

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Well... I would like to save my old, old, old castle. But otherwise a fresh start actually sounds appealing, when I actually have a chance to play Minecraft again. :blah:

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
I'm looking forward to conquering a fresh new world! So, if the new version comes out on Aug 1, when's the server going to wipe?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I am a very sand Panda.

I take it that Creeper damage & so forth will still be turned off? (whatever optional settings are in effect).

Hmmn, I'm okay with a fresh server. I only just started anyway on this server, and while I've built a couple of large structures they can be built again. Bigger, better, etcetera.

I am a very sand Panda.

Was it exciting when you abandoned Trashmania for New Trashmania? You can have that same feeling in the new world. Just build it bigger & better :) And take pictures of your past builds to preserve them.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I am a very sand Panda.

Was it exciting when you abandoned Trashmania for New Trashmania? You can have that same feeling in the new world. Just build it bigger & better :) And take pictures of your past builds to preserve them.

Ah... there was a lot of kicking, screaming, and yelling the day Trashmania was abandoned, for various reasons... It's really not on the top of anyone's list.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Oh, one more thing. Before the planet Gargamel ends, I want to take a crack at the Ender Dragon. Who do I pester to make that happen?

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Oh, one more thing. Before the planet Gargamel ends, I want to take a crack at the Ender Dragon. Who do I pester to make that happen?

Qaz. To make a new one, because it is already dead. The End has been tamed for quite some time now.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I am a very sand Panda.

Old TrashMania was still there... people could still visit.

I can download the map and play single, but whats the point? No one visits.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Honestly, using a multiverse would solve pretty much everyone's gripes about refreshing the map, but I have no issues personally with a fresh start
"No"