Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 854485 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
This shot is making me think of the Prometheus cannon.

Am I the only one who thinks that having two different Proms (or three, if the PromR is still in R2) that behave exactly (or nearly) the same is more "realistic"? Sure, maybe the two Proms are nearly identical performance-wise, but perhaps the mounting points on the EA variants are specific to the EA ships and vice versa? Can't use an EA Prom on a GTVA fighter?

Or does the EA improve their Prom, while the GTVA sticks to the "tried and true" theorem and stuff... but I can't imagine the EA giving it a whole new name altogether, since the Prom is pretty much a proven weapon with every side (bar the Shivans). The most is maybe they'd keep the Prom name, and give it a "MkII" or an "Adv" tag. Like in R1, maybe EA gets PromO and Prom Adv, but GTVA side bears with PromR's and PromSes?

"EAW-xxx Advanced Prometheus" and "GTW-xxx Prometheus S", or stuff... bleh... I hope I'm making sense with the post... :nervous:

The little confusing bits all caused by the Sol-Delta Sepentis node getting sealed off for several decades... :shaking:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The EA doesn't use any 'Prometheus' cannons in INF SCP, only the GTVA Terrans do.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
They use something similar to the Prometheus, but it's called a different name, which slips my mind...

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Well, if the Prometheus is that recognised a weapon, I really can't imagine the EA replacing it completely. Kinda why I thought about it.

What weapon's that? Vengeance?
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Then you have to make combustion in space work. Another rule broken.
Not really.  For combustion you just need heat, fuel, and oxygen... and I'm sure you'd agree there's plenty of oxygen on board any craft carrying Terran or Vasudan ppl.  There's plenty of heat from the damaged reactor going supercritical.  And, there's fuel from the matierals & weapons onboard, plus the nuclear fuel used in the reactors... although I'm not sure how that would work as it would depend on the type of reactor used.  And, actually, I think just about anything will "explode" if you throw enough energy at it... the super-rapid expansion, or something like that, I'm not sure.

I'm nitpickin' now, but do Sentry Guns have oxygen in them? Even if they did, there wouldn't be a lot of it, so the explosion would be comparably small. Inferno explosions are probably more realistic in the way that they're simple spouts of atmosphere with a puff of combustion, but I don't think they're as good to cover up ships exploding since sometimes you can see a clear split from 'hull' and 'space' expanding from the middle (you know what I mean).
Heh, Sentry Guns would have alot of stored energy in them... some sort of reactor, I would think... so just that would probably account for an explosion: the Sentry Gun is all of a sudden ~500,000 degrees or whatever.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
On the topic of sentry guns, can we have a shot of the Vasudan one in Inferno?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Wow you had old destroyer battle shots but don't have one of the Vasudan sentry gun :p

It looks similar to the FS2 one.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You fail to realise that I don't know all of what I'm posting. ;)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

How's this?

No it won't animate :p

Awesome, new main hall!  :D

Hey, Woomeister, have you seen the Music Project that NIx is working on? People there seem to agree that "fs2betamainhall.ogg" would fit Inferno (and maybe INF:A) very well, and I tend to agree. In case you haven't seen it, here's a link.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Ooh, nice.

Minor complaint: The planets on the solar system map are stretched
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 10:56:57 am by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What formats that in? cos you can render portions of a view to movie in TS :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's in PZZ format :p

If I did animate it it would be over 100mb of anis so I'm not doing that.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Is that INFA or INFA2?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
INFA and INFA2

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It would be cool if there was Mars among the stars at the background...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It wouldn't be generic enough if it was :)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
I like the main hall.  Looks like it fits the style of the EA very well.  I assume that's an EA main hall...  :nervous:
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
No it's a Mars and/or Earth mainhall. The EA doesn't use the Callisto.

Mainhall should fully work now for both standard resolutions.

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
 :tumbleweed:

*taps foot repeatedly*  ;)
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"