Author Topic: INF Complete Fleet?  (Read 16671 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
How about something like this

The fangs didn't come out quite as I had intended.  Notice the inclusion of the pipes on the sides and the ventral spike (from original Ravana).

This is kinda half comical due to my poor skills.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Half comical?

Too much spikes.
lol wtf

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, Sid said it wasn't spikey enough to be Shivan.

Some of those spikes might look cool if implemented well, imo. Can't say the same for those fangs, though.
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
As I said, the fangs didn't come out quite the way I had intended... but it was a 30 second job.

Offline mr.WHO

1)If you don't have anything for small Vasudan Carrier maybe it's time to remodel an old Hesat carrier?
2)EA have only one carrier??
3)Why GTVA don't  builded a Juggernaut class ship??

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
1) The Hesat wouldn't work as a small ship
2) The have a carrier and a carrier/destroyer
3) They built slightly smaller, but still powerful ships such as the Solaris.

Offline mr.WHO

EA carrier-that remodel orion ?
EA carrier/destroyer and EA third top secret destroyer are that same ship or two ships??
Nemesis nanojumps are it's special albity or every EA ship can use nanojumps?
Nemesis nanojumps will be use to kick some shivan ??
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 04:25:13 am by 1471 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Each race has a carrier type destroyer, except for the Shivans since the Ravana is currently doing that job.

Offline Mav

Trivial Psychic: That looks like a good idea for a heavy carrier/battlecarrier (since it seems quite a bit heavier than the Ravana). I like it :) :yes: .
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
-----------------------------------
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline boewolf

I thought that you may like this.  You may have it if you want it.  It is just an upgrade of an old vasudan fighter.

Originally posted by mr.WHO
EA carrier-that remodel orion ?
EA carrier/destroyer and EA third top secret destroyer are that same ship or two ships??
Nemesis nanojumps are it's special albity or every EA ship can use nanojumps?
Nemesis nanojumps will be use to kick some shivan ??

Only the Nemesis has the fast nano-jump technology. The EAD Tereus is the carrier-type destroyer, and the Auriga (modified Orion with twin hangar bays and more turrets) is the EA's full carrier.

To clarify between the two, 'full carriers' (prefix **Ca) and 'carrier-destroyers' (still **D) are that full carriers can launch and support a large number of fighters - typically 18 wings - but have minimal heavy armaments and rely on their complements to defend them. Carrier destroyers can support up to 6 wings and have much better weapons, and can thus be deployed without a supporting task force. The GTVA's Cabari class is certainly the best-specified of these. :)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
To quote the Ravana's data in the techroom:
SD RAVANA
"The SD Ravana is a destroyer class GTVA forces have only recently encountered. It appears to be tasked with clearing out smaller foes, a mission for which it is well suited. It eagerly wipes out wings of fighters and bombers and also overwhelms cruisers and corvettes."

After reading that, i always thought of 'carrier-destroyers' as flanking ships. While the main fleet smashed the foe from the front line, the carrier-destroyers would outflank the enemy and hit their convoys, installations and crusier/corvette groups.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 01:10:41 pm by 1306 »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Originally posted by SadisticSid

Only the Nemesis has the fast nano-jump technology. The EAD Tereus is the carrier-type destroyer, and the Auriga (modified Orion with twin hangar bays and more turrets) is the EA's full carrier.

To clarify between the two, 'full carriers' (prefix **Ca) and 'carrier-destroyers' (still **D) are that full carriers can launch and support a large number of fighters - typically 18 wings - but have minimal heavy armaments and rely on their complements to defend them. Carrier destroyers can support up to 6 wings and have much better weapons, and can thus be deployed without a supporting task force. The GTVA's Cabari class is certainly the best-specified of these. :)

18 wings? :wtf:

Didn't the Orion hold 30?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline mr.WHO

I found something for light vasudan carrier
http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freesp...&threadid=22434
that third ship by StratComm.

sorry for spam, that same message is in "about EA" but I don't know why I can't delete it.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That link is broken, it should read http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,22434.0.html.  However, the ship you're refering to (the Pharaoh) is campaign-specific and has not been released in any form other than those shots.  If these models are going to go somewhere besides in this thread, it would have to be cleared through Su-tehp.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 03:28:02 pm by 570 »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Originally posted by Knight Templar

18 wings? :wtf:

Didn't the Orion hold 30?

In FS1, yeah, but that was before capital ships got beam cannons and the sort of overwhelmingly heavy weaponry that's in FS2 (not to mention the upgraded reactors that power them), combined with advanced new fighter technologies (shields, inter-system drives and so on) that require their own maintainance facilities. Fewer fighters are needed in this era because capital ships are far more capable than their Great War equivalents and they have a much greater survivability with shield technology. That's how I'd justify it anyway.

EDIT: Actually I read the Hecate's description and it can hold 150 fighters and bombers, so I guess that goes out the window.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 04:40:42 pm by 443 »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
This is directed to the Inferno team as a whole.

As you guys are currently reworking R1 in conjunction with R2, you are currently uninclined to patch some of the problems regarding the existing R1.  Last night, I went through the various table files and the occasional model, repairing problems such as 100%+ subsystem dammage, missing LOD distance figures, miss-named subsystems, or the occasional typo.  Since you guys are currently thowing everything into R1.1+R2, you don't have the time (or understandably, the motivation) to patch this, so I wish to submit these files for hosting on the Inferno Archives page as a supporting download.  I'm gonna give fixing the Diablo mission another go, and perhaps submit that once (and if) I've fixed it.  The only thing I ask from the Inferno team besides hosting, is to slip in a particular model from R1.1.  I can't remember which ship it is, but its number of texture files make it all but unuseable in SCP_HTL at present.  I ask that it be included in the proposed package as a drop-in replacement for the existing ship.  It would give some new life to R1 and act as a stop-gap measure and tide over those who are itching to fly R1.1+R2.

There was one problem I couldn't fix, but since the ship isn't included in any missions it shouldn't be a problem.  That Shivan worm carrier has 100 turrets, which seems to give an error message.  Its like FRED isn't detecting the turret in the model, so it says that the subsystem entry is bogus.  The only solution within my skills would be to comment-out turret 100.

Keep the previews coming.

Later!

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Very nice of you to do this Psychic
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D