Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 82422 times)

Re: [New Roles Added: Sept 19th] BP2:WiH P1 VA Call - "Minor" roles - 2 Major
I believe he said in the opening post that he only sends a reply if there are technical issues with the recordings.
I did say that, but I have been sending emails back after I processed the email.  Unfornatly I didn't get to finish yours.
I have processed and sent an email back to everyone that has sent in auditions except for Mongoose as I am still processing his.

!!!

Hate to be a pest, but I received no such email.  Possible I sent it off incorrectly and/or the recordings sent off were useless?
"Do you plunder?"
"I have been known to plunder..."
"I refer ye t' darkstar one, one o' th' newer big budget spacers - it's lack o' variety were bein' insultin', an' th' mechanics weren't polished at all.  Every time a title like wot comes out, it pushes th' return o' th' space shooter genre further down th' sea." - Talk like a pirate day '09
"Hope for the best, expect the worst." -Heinlein

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
I believe he said in the opening post that he only sends a reply if there are technical issues with the recordings.
I did say that, but I have been sending emails back after I processed the email.  Unfornatly I didn't get to finish yours.
I have processed and sent an email back to everyone that has sent in auditions except for Mongoose as I am still processing his.

!!!

Hate to be a pest, but I received no such email.  Possible I sent it off incorrectly and/or the recordings sent off were useless?
I apologize.  I can find your audition email (sent September 7th), but I can't seem to find a reply to that message.  Nevertheless all of your auditions are in the candidates list, so apparently I didn't have any problems with your auditions.  I also have you credited for an audition for "UEF Boarding party Bravo 6" but I cannot seem to find the audition as sent to me.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

okeydokey, thanks, and after examining my email I didn't find a submission for '...Bravo 6' either. I don't think I actually attempted one.  probably just a clerical error.
"Do you plunder?"
"I refer ye t' darkstar one, one o' th' newer big budget spacers - it's lack o' variety were bein' insultin', an' th' mechanics weren't polished at all.  Every time a title like wot comes out, it pushes th' return o' th' space shooter genre further down th' sea." - Talk like a pirate day '09

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Just sent in auditions for Kassim and Brie. Details are in the mail.

Good thing I noticed this thread today- you guys have been busy!
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Extended deadlines for the "minor" roles.  We will revaluate the submissions end of day October 31st, 2010.
The deadlines for "Admiral Robert Byrne" and "Flight Lieutenant Manuel Brie" have been extended to October 24th, 2010.

Added three missing "minor" roles: "Knight 2", "Reshadiye Engineering", and "Reshadiye Security".  Removed "Ironhide Control" and "103rd Archers Flight lead" for now.

Minor roles have been resorted based on received auditions.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Re: [New Deadlines: October 3rd] BP2:WiH P1 VA Call
Will probably drop another minor role or two in the box tonight or tomorrow, and Kassim - that looks fun!

Question about delivery: Anansi has a line here "# File: bp211s075.ogg
# "So I've heard. Your squadron already has Admiral Steele's attention, Sublieutenant...Laporte. You lot seem determined to win this war all by yourself."

why does he pause before her name, is he reading it, or pondering it? Is he suprised? without seeing Laporte's lines during the scene, it's hard to get a bead on that one.
"Do you plunder?"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Will probably drop another minor role or two in the box tonight or tomorrow, and Kassim - that looks fun!

Question about delivery: Anansi has a line here "# File: bp211s075.ogg
# "So I've heard. Your squadron already has Admiral Steele's attention, Sublieutenant...Laporte. You lot seem determined to win this war all by yourself."

why does he pause before her name, is he reading it, or pondering it? Is he suprised? without seeing Laporte's lines during the scene, it's hard to get a bead on that one.

I'd just cut the pause. We can alter the line accordingly.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I sort of thought that he was pausing to make sure he had the pronunciation right. :p

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I sort of thought that he was pausing to make sure he had the pronunciation right. :p

That could work too. We're pretty open to interpretation, voice actors can try to make the lines their own. Multiple takes are a good idea sometimes.

But see, that's just my point - if Laporte introduced herself immediately before that line, he'd hardly have trouble pronouncing it two seconds later.  But then, he mentions a bounty, too, so it's probably a pause from piqued interest.

And yeah, I have no problem tweaking a line.
"Do you plunder?"

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: [New Roles: October 9th] BP2:WiH P1 VA Call
  • "Indus Tactical" and "'Ken'" are now open for auditions.

So indus tac is female only?  damn

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:

So indus tac is female only?  damn
Yes.  As it was explained to me, it is because "Capitan Lloyd Sorensen" is male.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
I'm just gonna pop in here and applaud the BP team for the huge undertaking they're undertaking, and for the voice actors for contributing. I'm sure it'll all turn out to make a great campaign even greater.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: BP2:WiH P1 VA Call: 10 days left*
  • Updated "Kassim"'s deadline.  It is now November 31st.
  • Added pronunciation reminder for "Yangtze", "Saab", "Hydura" station, and "Kai Chavel".

Offline -Sara-

Re: BP2:WiH P1 VA Call: Minor roles reevaluated in 10 days
Will see if my mic can still crank out something nice tomorrow or so. A minor role, more if my voice works.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: BP2:WiH P1 VA Call: Minor roles reevaluated in 10 days
Will see if my mic can still crank out something nice tomorrow or so. A minor role, more if my voice works.
Great! The more VA's the better.

There's much time, I guess I'll sent some lines:) Only those lines from first page of thread?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:

There's much time, I guess I'll sent some lines:) Only those lines from first page of thread?
Yes, only the lines listed as the audition in the first post(s).

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: BP2:WiH P1 VA Call: Minor roles reevaluated in 4 days
  • Fixed a logical error in Dea Icaunis's line (bp207s37).  Thank you -Norbert- for noticing.