Author Topic: Official PCS2 Feature Request thread  (Read 120158 times)

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Re: Official PCS2 Feature Request thread
Awesome - whatever you changed with this latest one, you seem to have caught and killed the pause-then-close bug. As such the media VP Orion, Hecate, Medusa, Ursa and Zeus now load up no worries. :D

The lockup type of failure is still happening with: (going through all retail-version fighters - straight out of the sparky_fs2 VP)
Mara, Pegasus, Herc 2, Perseus, Erinyes, Myrm, Serapis, Bakha, Ptah, Dragon, Herc 1, Seth, Horus, Thoth, Baslisk, Manticore and Loki

Some notable exceptions are that it works with the Asteroth, Ashema and Tauret. Also of note is that it works perfectly with the HTL versions of the Mara, Pegasus, Herc 2, Perseus, Erinyes, Myrm, Serapis and Herc 1. (Basically all the fighters that have been HTLed so far)

As to the cob conversions - just tried it with a model I know works and then a cube glued to a light named detail0. PCS2 crashed on both of them.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
[edit]nevermind[/edit]
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
please posts some COBs and their textures for me to play with
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Here's the cube that fails (uses AWACTile1). Do you want the Lucifer COB as well? (most complex one I have handy)

I would attach it straight off, but I'm hesitant because the latest version of PCS1 stack-overflows on pretty much every complex SCN or COB I have. Even though the autofacet build converts them all without problems and try as I might I can't find anything wrong with the ones it's produced, I can't rule out that _something_ might still be wrong and PCS 1.3.6 (build 73) is just being more picky than the autofacet one.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Awww CRAP!

I read your post wrong... Since NUKEMOD dont have a vp I saw the word raw and figured it needed to be shown WHERE to search for the maps like ususal. DUH...

Nevermind, me iz stupid tonight (more than ususal)...
 :lol:

Works fine can see the non-dds textures now...

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
I'm still unable to open any models. For instance, the retail Comm Node doesn't work for me.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
fsck file wouldn't attach

here are the DLLs http://www.ferrium.org/media/stupid_mscv8_dlls.zip - put them in the same folder as PCS2

- PS the search path for textures is as follows

there is a list of directories in the Options->Preferences menu (default entry of c:\games\freespace2)

Search order is

VPs in the folders in that list
raw files in those folders + "\data\maps"

ie if your list is

c:\games\freespace2\
c:\games\the babylon project\
c:\games\wing commander saga\

it'll look for VPS in
c:\games\freespace2\
c:\games\the babylon project\
c:\games\wing commander saga\

and raw files in
c:\games\freespace2\data\maps\
c:\games\the babylon project\data\maps\
c:\games\wing commander saga\data\maps\

ok, i got it to display textures now. i was sorta confused about how the texture paths works. initially thought it wanted me to point to the directory with the textures rather than the mod directory.

i did find a problem when loading the dante. it had loaded once before i figured out the texture paths. but now that their configured properly it hangs when it tries to load the animated texture. so i swapped the animated texture with a pcx and it worked. rather than hanging it should just draw those surfaces as flat shaded.

found a minor bug in your render window projection code where the render window stops working when its w/h < 1. there also apears to be some minor warping too.

i didnt have the problem with the dll cause i have vc++ 6 installed. but having version 6 dlls, will that cause any problems?

il throw some nukemod cobs in a zip for you and post it in abit.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 08:25:09 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
it shouldn't hang... when it encounters a texture it cannot read it should simply just not load it and move on

hmmmm will it only read from something\data\maps?

I've got the paths setup as is:
Code: [Select]
path0=c:\\games\\freespace2\\
path1=D:\\Program Files\\FreeSpace2\\scooby
path2=D:\\Program Files\\Wing Commander Saga Prologue
path3=D:\\Program Files\\FreeSpace2\\scooby\\modeldata\\maps
numpaths=4

The turrets which are located in path1 (d:\program files\freespace2\scooby\data\maps) load, however the ship texture in path3 don't.

btw should the escaped slashed \\ be outputted as it is instead of the correct "\" outside of C?
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
ok, i put up 3 models, with cobs, scns, converted pofs, and textures. the apis, the dante and the chimera. they all have alot of subobjects, both dante and apis have turrets. the chimera doesn't have turrets but it does have subobjects for submodel animation and a cockpit. the apis is the model i mentioned earlyer that has a few geometry problems which you can see in wireframe mode. its never given me any conversion problems and runs ingame pretty stable, so it could just as easily be a bug in the code.

models
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Anyone notice when you load a model and it's already onteh show textures option it shows up wireframe first?

Once you click another box and then back again the textures show up?

or is it just me?  :D
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Anyone notice when you load a model and it's already onteh show textures option it shows up wireframe first?

Once you click another box and then back again the textures show up?

or is it just me?  :D

Nope textures still won't show. BTW theres a small bug with the rendering options, it selects the textured one while showing the wireframe model.  Could this be the cause of the texture problem?

:D

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
texture/wireframe bug long time known, just haven't bothered to **** with it

thanks for the test data

yes it is correct for the slashes to be doubled in the .ini - it's something about wxFileConfig - don't ask me i didn't write it, i just use it.

i'm effecting a code change to make the search path be the following:
[path] (raw files)
[path]\data\maps (raw files)
[path] (VPs)
[path]\data\maps (VPs)

(the last one just makes the code change easier)

it's something about wxFileConfig - don't ask me i didn't write it, i just use it.
Good enough for me  :D

i'm effecting a code change to make the search path be the following:
[path] (raw files)
[path]\data\maps (raw files)
[path] (VPs)
[path]\data\maps (VPs)

(the last one just makes the code change easier)
That should fix my complaint then  :)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I tried on a different PC with Win XP SP2 and now it works. My PC at home on which it won't run, is SP1. So there seems to be something missing apart from those 3 DLLs.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
cobra is using XP SP2 and can't run it - i know i've seen this error (or more correctly: one akin to it) before on systems i just don't remember how i ever fixed it

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
really sounds like some sort of missing dll error... but that's obvius.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
maybe an XP bug? i get the same error as cobra on this and many of bob's programs. but PCS1 works like a charm, minus the lagging and hanging.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well if there's lagging and hanging then I don't think it works as a charm, does it?

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Actually, that info might be useful, as if it's happening with multiple programs, find out what's needed in common between all of them, and that might lead to the culprit.  Takashi, which of Bobboau's programs are crashing?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays