Author Topic: Transcend Voiceacting Call  (Read 25271 times)

Offline JMN

Re: Transcend Voiceacting Call
Are there still some VA roles open here? :)
I'm trying to get my feet wet, but to no avail :)

Offline FoxtrotTango

• "...in a way, you've stolen his soul."
Are there still some VA roles open here? :)
I'm trying to get my feet wet, but to no avail :)

Try for any of them. They're still quite open, so take your time and make some good auditions.

EDIT: Ransom has decided to run through the script once again and rewrite some of the lines. That means more time to send in your auditions, so if you were on the fence before, don't delay. The more people we have on board, the more variety and diversity we'll have among our cast, and maybe we'll be able to avoid casting the same people for multiple roles. If you have friends into voiceacting or know some professionals who could give it a try, spread the word. We're going to make this and we're going to make it right.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 02:53:23 pm by FoxtrotTango »

I'd love to have a part in this; only joined the site yesterday and started recording samples and playing with audacity this morning so may still take a little while to get them all satisfactory. I tried to take as few liberties as necessary with my lines so far, in order to make them flow a little better for my voice, but I plan on sending you some samples soon. :)

couple of brief questions:

-Would you mind if people who made voice clips didn't have an account on here? Some other people I know (i.e. Family) were interested in recording some samples.
-For the minor role of the vasudan, I assume you just want a person to translate what they would be saying, therefore speaking fairly impassively as they do in main campaigns?...unless you wanted me to have a go at creating some Vasudan samples.  ;)

Offline FoxtrotTango

I'd love to have a part in this; only joined the site yesterday and started recording samples and playing with audacity this morning so may still take a little while to get them all satisfactory. I tried to take as few liberties as necessary with my lines so far, in order to make them flow a little better for my voice, but I plan on sending you some samples soon. :)

couple of brief questions:

-Would you mind if people who made voice clips didn't have an account on here? Some other people I know (i.e. Family) were interested in recording some samples.
-For the minor role of the vasudan, I assume you just want a person to translate what they would be saying, therefore speaking fairly impassively as they do in main campaigns?...unless you wanted me to have a go at creating some Vasudan samples.  ;)

I look forward to hearing your samples. And they don't have to have an account here. All they need to do is email the samples. If they're based at a voiceacting site, it would be nice to let me know where they are so that they can be properly credited, but it's optional.

And you would be correct in your assumption about the Vasudan role. We'll be hearing the translated Vasudan speech, but that doesn't mean that personalizing your Vasudan is wrong. I'm all for individualized translations, so unless Ransom says otherwise, I don't have any problem with multiple people trying for Vasudan roles. Just make sure that your Vasudan doesn't sound too human and you're fine.

Offline gavilatius

• kicking butt... gradius style
must... take... stabs...
any one beat the last boss yet?

Offline JMN

Any response?
I sent the samples to your mail I found in your profile.

same, I patiently await feedback as well :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
must... take... stabs...
I think they prescribe medication for that.

Offline FoxtrotTango

I got your samples and will send them to Ransom as soon as I have time. Sorry about the lack of feedback, though. I've been holding off on providing that myself because I don't want to get your hopes up for any particular roles, especially since we're choosing by merit, not by timeliness. I'll try and get some sent to you guys after we've had more time to let the acting pool fill up.

In the meantime, I'll update the initial post with the received list for convenience.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm all for talent first.. Even if i have none, it'll make the end product that much more special :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FoxtrotTango

I'm all for talent first.. Even if i have none, it'll make the end product that much more special :D

We have forty-two roles in total, I believe, and that's counting every single minor player, so I'm pretty sure everyone will find their place in this...so long as nine of them are women.*

(* = Note that this is the ideal figure, but does not in any way limit the capacity of female voiceactors to inhabit roles previously defined as those belonging to male voiceactors. Your talent is what will get you your role, not whether you were born with an X or a Y chromosome.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:24:08 pm by FoxtrotTango »

Offline Desertfox287

• Sweat saves blood-Erwin Rommel
I'll give it a go. only will take a couple minutes of my time :nod:

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
I've officially thrown my hat into the ring. /Crosses fingers...
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline FoxtrotTango

Another batch of auditions has reached Ransom, and I'd like to remind all of you who are still on the fence about sending in auditions that Ransom is going through another script revision. This will give you even more time to send in your auditions. Anyone who said that they'll give it a try without actually sending any lines in, you need to rectify that while you can. We won't focus on scoping out the professional talent elsewhere until this second revision is complete, so it gives you a chance to get on the cast list while the seasoned voiceactors are still few and far between. The only way that we'll be rejecting you for a chance at any role at this point in time is if we don't hear from you. When there are more professionals among the cast, you'll have more difficulty being a part of this, so I urge you to take advantage of this extra time and send in your lines at the earliest provocation.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Come on guys and girls. Be a part of the freespace universe history. Like Mackey in Derelict.

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE! :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i'd like to help out, but i have about nil free time these days, and not a very good mic either.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Desertfox287

• Sweat saves blood-Erwin Rommel
I'll record on Monday hopefully

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I was in Derelict... Does that me freespace history?  :lol:

Anyway strange organization, actors mentioned and colored but not WHAT FOR..

So: I decided to audition under Karl Sinclair's Lines.

http://www.4shared.com/file/233272781/aa048c63/Sinclair_Auditions.html

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline FoxtrotTango

I was in Derelict... Does that me freespace history?  :lol:

Anyway strange organization, actors mentioned and colored but not WHAT FOR..

So: I decided to audition under Karl Sinclair's Lines.

http://www.4shared.com/file/233272781/aa048c63/Sinclair_Auditions.html

It's only strange because we've only listened to their auditions. Ransom doesn't want to make any definites about the roles right now and get stuck in a dodgy first-come, first-served system. So, as of right now, nobody has a role and everybody has an equal shot at the compendium of roles. And while Ransom is undergoing this script revision, we won't be actively searching for professional talent ourselves. As I've said before, it means that this is a good chance for everybody.

I'll take a listen to your lines when I get back home, but I also recommend that you try out for more than just one role. They're all open and everybody should be making a grab for them. The more voice actors we get before this script revision is complete, the quicker we'll be able to organize the professionals and the semipro talent and the sooner you'll see some actual progress in getting your voice in this timeless campaign.

And Desertfox, it's more than a couple minutes past Monday. Almost a couple weeks, actually. What's holding you up?

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Actually, I just wait for the "Yes we want you, especially for X role (unless you get bumped)' type of response.

Reason: I got picked for a major role by the vocal person of a mod after auditioning and then I did the 80'sh some odd lines of the script he sent me for it. After sending them in I was cut entirely due to conflicting opinion of the Devs. Seems the Sound guy got overruled about using me at all.

So, if people want me great. But if I am not "suitable for this project", why bother recording more lines when I know myself from screening people, if I want them or not right away (for any nonspecific part)?

Let me know when R makes a decision in the future. It wastes less time for everyone that way.

:D

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)