Author Topic: Inspiration - HTL Ulysses  (Read 56915 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: Inspiration - HTL Ulysses
The new model looks very authentic and awesome compared to the old bat that was once cool to fly in fs1.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Hmm, hate to break it to ya, fellas, but the glow on the front left side of the Ulysses is floating off of the missile area.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
And yet you didn't think about moving it over in PCS and re-posting it?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
A screen shot would be nice too, because I cannot find anything wrong at all.

D'oh. I also had the wrong model loaded. Problem found. Fixing.

Edit: Done. red_glow_small|Glow Point 2.
Was: 6.100000:-2.000000:4.111716
Is Now: 5.500000:-1.720000:3.466832

Recalculated the MOI while I was at it.

Model: Uly-FixedGlow.7z
SHA1: D726BB980454E026CD400144C5F3F6A90A2FC2F9
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:37:44 pm by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I ran it through PCS and tweaked the location, but it still floats in-game. Lemme get a screenshot.

EDIT: Zacam, show a screenshot of yours in-game, would you?

That's what it looked like before... ****, let me clear my cache.

Again, EDIT: Holy crap, the Ulysses is missing a texture.

Update: Clearing the cache isn't working. I think this might be an SCP bug.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:41:30 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Cobra, yours matched mine. Look at the post above for the fixed model and cache.
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I figured out what the problem was. Somehow the hi-poly Ulysses' model file was in my FSPort folder. Don't ask. :p

Anyway, kudos, Zacam. Doesn't look weird now. :)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
How many lights do you see, Captain?

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
There... are... FOUR! LIGHTS!
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Kolgena

Sorry for the bump, but I was looking for a solution to the grey bits on the front edges of the Uly's wings. The link posted above doesn't work. Can we get a repost? Thanks.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
The linked lights fixed Uly is in the MediaVPs.

There was no fix for the grey leading edge.

Someone probably needs to re-map it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:27:43 am by Zacam »

¤[D+¬>

Offline Kolgena

Hmm. I'm running the latest VPs, and the blue lights are still there where it shouldn't be. I also just quickly checked the mediaVP 3.6.10 release thread, and it's not in there.

As for the grey leading edges, it's a shame that there's no fix for them. Such a good model is seriously marred because the mesh is showing underneath a hole in the skin.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Are you sure your actually using the latest MediaVP's? Because it _is_ in there.

All 4 cyan glow points exist only on the top two leading edge blue spots. There are no glowpoints set for the 8 under-wing glowmap spots.

Wether or not the surface glows should have glowpoints or the underside shoul receive some is worth debate, but the MediaVP model is fine with the exception of the "grey" missing texture section.

Further, the only glowpoints that had to be corrected where the from (top of the model list) red_glow_small.

¤[D+¬>

Offline Kolgena

My bad. I meant to refer to that tiny bit of blue texture above the surface with the missiles. That looks horribly out of place. It's not a glowpoint, but it looks like a blue light panel in the texture.

But yeah. I really hope that that can be fixed, along with the missing textures.