GTD Orion
GTD Hecate
GVD Typhon
GVD Hatshepsut
SD Demon
SD Ravana
SD Lucifer
GTD Hades

Author Topic: Favorite Destroyer  (Read 15755 times)

No votes for the Hecate (figures). Vasudan Vacuum Cleaner in 2nd place, with Lucifer close behind. Ladies and gentlemen, the Orion is a clear winner... it's probably the only ship that looks uglier with MediaVPs, but it still pulls down framerate like anything else.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
UGLIER!!! It looks amazing! Before I could've built a more detailed Orion with building blocks!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Alright, new poll options: Orion vs. Orion w/MediaVPs.  :drevil:

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
OMG ! CAN'T CHOOSE BETWEEN THOSE TWO !  :shaking:

Hmm... a tough choice. I love the Orion, and I actually am a fan of the Hecate. It looks pretty cool, and it's extremely fun to launch from its fighterbay.  :p

But the Hades gets my vote. Cool name, cool design, cool place in the story, etc.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Hecate for me :)
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
The Orion is by far the sexiest.

But I find the Hades to be the most.. sinister.

Still, Orion it is.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

i'll go for the hades, but only because of PI

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
hades = cool :cool:

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The Hat is the best destroyer in the GTVA in terms of combat ability and everything. If I was flying around in anything in the GTVA arsenal, I'd feel safest in a Hatshepsut.

But I still voted Orion. :D No FS2 ship can ever, ever beat an FS1 ship. Too much history, too much awesome.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
I think black wolf just likes to hang with the old fogies on the decks of an old orion. Can you say multiple **** your pants moments on this rig? With a crew of 80 year olds behind every turret yes you can. And probably even better piloting that old dusty ursa loaded up with harbinger bombs with guess who...skeleton crewmate ;7  And i feel sorry for you black wolf, because now you're already in space, and you know that harbingers are old, but they can still do the damage, until you find out that you shouldn't have rushed yourself, and made sure that old dusty ursa had something other than the ml-16. That's right, the fs1 default weapon that's always equipped unless you remember to change your weapons.

If he somehow survives that mission, i really hope he gets stationed on a hatshepsut or a hecate, where that **** doesn't happen.
If i were to go aboard an orion, i'd jack the supply of avengers :pimp: And go back to my hecate hopefully in a stolen athena, with some "cool" great war relics.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:20:04 am by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
Orion and Hecate kick ass.  For the record, My second favourite Destroyer is the Hecate, after further thought.

I'm partial to the Hatshepsut, myself.  Really, as asthetics go, I enjoy the look of all of the Vasudan warships in FS2, but the Hatshepsut's got a lot more than just looks.  That's right....  The Hatshepsut has magical powers.

What?  You don't believe me, do you?  Okay, go back to the first mission of FS2, and watch the Psamtik make the Belisarius disappear.  I'd like to see David Blaine make 720 meters of armor and weapons vanish, like the Psamtik.  Magical-flippin'-powers of DOOM.

Make Black Wolf's Orion disappear too....

What?  You heard me.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Orion and Hecate kick ass.  For the record, My second favourite Destroyer is the Hecate, after further thought.
Well you have fun at your roman candle party (stock of ml-16's) on your first preference of destroyer :lol:

SMBFD

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
Well you have fun at your roman candle party (stock of ml-16's) on your first preference of destroyer :lol:
Nah, on the GTD Mynameistoo****inglong, we use modern weapons and fighters.  And Mark Hamill, in a move that makes hardcore WC fanbois screm out on agony.  In addition, Colonel Dekker also saw fit to bring Vasudan's in a Bikini.  Also, our pilot's wear condoms that are capable of withstanding BFGreens.... 

This poll is invalid again! Wheres the Iceni?!?!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Orion.  There's no place like home.  ;)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
This poll is invalid again! Wheres the Iceni?!?!

The Iceni's not a destroyer. A FS Destroyer is
 - Capable of carrying fighters
 - Armed to engage other large capital ships
 - Over 2 km long (debateable, granted, but all destroyers we've seen so far have been at least this long. I think you could still call a ship a destroyer as long as it was, say, between 1500 and 3000m Less than that and you're in unknown territory, more and you're a super destroyer (Lucifer) or a Juggernaut (Sath, Collie).

The Iceni only fits into one of those categories. It's either a Corvette (bassed on size, armament and it's short name in the tables) or a Frigate (based on it's tech description.

Oh, and as for the Orion being an old fogies ship, well... a FS2 Orion is the single most powerful GTVA destroyer against capital ships. Can't stop a fighter attack worth a damn, but hey, that's what other fighters are for. :D
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I would say frigate. The Iceni's armament is too strong for it to be a corvette.

Although how would we class a frigate? A corvette that has sacrificed anti-fighter armament in order to power heavier beam cannons?

The Orion.. besides its power and history.. is just majestic. It doesn't look "busy" like the Hecate, but it isn't curvy or beautiful like the Vasudan destroyers. It's just imposing and strong, and that's what a destroyer should be. :)

"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Build as the NTF's command frigate at the Freedom shipyards in Polaris, the Iceni was built to help facilitate the completion of Admiral Bosch's ETAK project. The frigate possessed superior firepower, armour and speed to the smaller Deimos-class corvettes.

From the wiki............

Nah, on the GTD Mynameistoo****inglong, we use modern weapons and fighters.  And Mark Hamill, in a move that makes hardcore WC fanbois screm out on agony.  In addition, Colonel Dekker also saw fit to bring Vasudan's in a Bikini.  Also, our pilot's wear condoms that are capable of withstanding BFGreens.... 
*   "screms wildly"
*  :eek2: My secret shame............. Why ??
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png