Author Topic: Release: Dusk Wars Act 1 Take 2  (Read 26628 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Release: Dusk Wars Act 1 Take 2
ah yes - that's on my wishlist to fix/workaround one day :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I was never a reliable beta tester for this

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.

lol, more like we haven't talked in a long time.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

lol, more like we haven't talked in a long time.

Indeed, back on topic however I definitely have to replay this.

Offline NeonShivan

Reviving an old thread for the greater good! In order to aid in the development of Act 2 I wish to ask from those who've played Act 1 to tell me what they've liked or disliked about it. This will help in the development of Act 2 so any problems don't reoccur.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline CT27

A plot question:

Wouldn't the protagonist species for this campaign (based off the Ancients) look at the enemies with shields on the fighters and ask themselves "Should we maybe try to make shielding?"

Offline NeonShivan

A plot question:

Wouldn't the protagonist species for this campaign (based off the Ancients) look at the enemies with shields on the fighters and ask themselves "Should we maybe try to make shielding?"

They've considered it but they've perhaps came to the conclusion that shields were inferior ^^.  After all, the Anshari are getting their asses whooped so far into the story.

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

will the next dusk wars episode require MVPs 2014?

please say yes please say yes please say yes please.... *gnnnn*  x)

sorry. thanks for the interesting campaign. the no shields concep takes some getting used to, esp. for someone who likes to point-defense-like snipe bombs

Offline NeonShivan

will the next dusk wars episode require MVPs 2014?

No Dusk Wars will not require the MVPs 2014. Perhaps in the future however. ^^

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline CT27

Could you give us an update on how Dusk Wars 2 is going?

Offline NeonShivan

Could you give us an update on how Dusk Wars 2 is going?

Development is going rather slowly but I can assure you it is almost complete!

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline NeonShivan

Good news, everyone! -Hubert J. Farnsworth

Dusk Wars Act 2 is approaching its point of completion! Only one more mission to go after long periods of inactivity, once finished the campaign will enter its final testing and bug fixing/balance tweaking phase. Along with Dusk Wars Act 2 being released, Act 1 will be re-released with graphical updates to make the mod overall cleaner. With that said, here are some screenshots to show the progress!

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Excellent news! I'm glad to see your project still alive :).
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

Do you plan to do the re-release of Act 1+ Act 2 as one big download or will they be released separately?

Offline NeonShivan

Do you plan to do the re-release of Act 1+ Act 2 as one big download or will they be released separately?

They will be released together because the graphic update for Act 1 is required to properly run Act 2.

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

I hope all ships and weapons will also be more balanced in the rererelease of Act I.

As far as i remember a playthrough of it correctly, especially the 2nd mission was unbeatable on higher difficulties.
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline NeonShivan

I hope all ships and weapons will also be more balanced in the rererelease of Act I.

As far as i remember a playthrough of it correctly, especially the 2nd mission was unbeatable on higher difficulties.

The mod wasn't designed for higher difficulty gameplay (beyond medium) however I'll keep this considered. The re-design of Act 1 was more from a graphical standpoint to make the weapons a little more unique and stand out more, along with some updated model(s).

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline NeonShivan

Update

Known bugs are currently being fixed as the mission design has finally reached its conclusion. Due to the number of missions however and my laziness + my focus being directed towards RL and EvE, there is no estimated time in which the testing will be completed. However, some of you may have noticed some interesting screenshots being posted in Celebrating Freespace topic by yours truly, like Betrayal, I too have some mystery projects and due to the amount of time it is taking to finish this, I will be announcing one of two of my projects by next week. One project contains spoilers that are in Act 2 so I can't announce both at the same time.

Meanwhile, I am looking for two other testers who are willing to test out Act 2 once my great bug and english errors purge has been accomplished. If you are willing to test out please either send me a PM or ask below!

Again I thank you all for your patience, I know it has been awhile but lately my mod hasn't been the center of my focus so development is going really slow, but I can assure you, it will be released in the not so distant future.

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline CT27

How's the testing/campaign going?