Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 77524 times)

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
thats render-quality, for sure.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
those are the NEW glows for TBP right? If so they look great...

However I am hoping to go back to regular textures for the omegas/novas. I simply hate cell shading (as it makes everything look cartoonish).

just my personal opinion, don't mean anything by it...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Cell shading is not used. Omega's textures are exact same as they were in R2, maybe slightly improved, not sure. Anyway, the effect you're seeing is most likely due to shinemaps and enironmental lightning of fs2_open.

And no, those engine glows are from media vp's. TBP uses more traditional engine glows, although that may change because those look too good...

Offline Roanoke

those backgrounds totally kick arse. That pic was taken on a system running a G4mx for the record. A high end ATI card would be frickin' awesome.

All my piccys are pre-release BETA so, as Fury says, they may be changed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 03:32:34 am by 2275 »

Offline -Norbert-

Yes, they look very good, but they look very different form what we saw on TV too.
I think the current ones fit in better.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Trying out new hyperspace effect. And something is blowing up in the mist :)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
Cell shading is not used. Omega's textures are exact same as they were in R2, maybe slightly improved, not sure. Anyway, the effect you're seeing is most likely due to shinemaps and enironmental lightning of fs2_open.

And no, those engine glows are from media vp's. TBP uses more traditional engine glows, although that may change because those look too good...

To me it looks a bit like the model is a tad oversmoothed - was it converted using PCS perchance?

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
It's completely smoothed.....that's why the shading is a bit...uhm...strange. I recently sent IP an autofaceted version (with far superior shading), but the turrets are all screwed up. I wonder if he got the thing working correctly.

It would look like this:

Ignore the over-shinyness, the shinemaps need to be corrected for the autofaceted model....but you get the idea.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 03:21:39 am by 173 »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Yes Fishguts. It's far superior. Please get E1 to convert it! Alas I cannot. My marking came through and it's a frickin' nightmare.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill

Offline Roanoke

Originally posted by IPAndrews
Yes Fishguts. It's far superior. Please get E1 to convert it! Alas I cannot. My marking came through and it's a frickin' nightmare.

Hahaha! Get graftin' !

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Somehow I never really understand what the Brits are saying, when they fall back to their slang.....
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon

I REALLY HOPE B5 is included.
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I already said in the other thread that B5 will be in 3.1.

Very nice, indeed.

A question regarding explosions, I was just watching the end part of 'Sleeping in Light' and wondered just how FS2 explosions are handled. Are they random? Or do you set points?

Cause it would be really cool to be able to see a SiL-esque mission... brings a tear to my eye...

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Azrael15
A question regarding explosions, I was just watching the end part of 'Sleeping in Light' and wondered just how FS2 explosions are handled. Are they random? Or do you set points?

Both actually. The shockwaves a model produces are set by the location of the splitpane subsystems in the model. It takes all of about 10 seconds to move them

If you just want to add more explosions you can simply use the set-explosion SEXP to put an explosion where ever you like.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
BTW, are you guys still interested in getting some models glowpointed?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Col. Fishguts have been working on that area so I leave that for him to comment.