Author Topic: B5 Heat Em Up Camapign Release  (Read 20054 times)

Re: B5 Heat Em Up Camapign Release
Intro is playing...but the there is no campaign to select... tried to install Heatemup on clean build and my old with wdf campaign...
damn...

Offline starfox

Same thing is wrong here, intro plays well but after it....no campaing and no missions.
Also, I too can't see the contests of the VP-files.
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

And when I enter the launcher there is a warning window, it says Unrecognised command line parameter -tbpwarpeffects, continue?
 any idea how to deal with that?

So does it work for anyone?

Offline Sphynx

No luck here. Tried stand-alone install. No dice. Tried importing to the usual directory. No luck there, either.
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
There's something wrong with the VP, maybe it got corrupted during upload ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Hopefully it will be patchable. I don't want to have to download that lot again (I won't have enough download limit till january either

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Ouch 350 MB for the demo !!  :shaking:

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Looks like everyone is haqving priobs with it.  If it doesnt play the intro and the cut scenes it is beacause you are not using the build supplied with the demo.  As the the campaigns not showing up there must be a problem with the vp file.  I will upload the campaign file with is only 250k on monday this should solve the problem. ;)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Filefront don't give me the file :/
It says, wait until FF try to connect and then, nothing else.

Offline starfox

I had a problem with the Filefront too, I got the download working by doing the following:
When it says your download is ready, grab the link "click this link" with your mouse and move it to the address field, download should start now.

Works for the Firefox at least...
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
There's something wrong with the VP, maybe it got corrupted during upload ?

Noticed the same. I'm getting the intro video, then the game is just the same as before installation. I tested the VP, and it doesn't open on Descent Manager VPView. It just announces that it has performed an illegal operation and will be quit...

I'd like to know if many others have had similar problems (which would refer to a compatibility problem, obviously) or only few (which would hint that the download was corrupted). I'm obviously not very keen on downloading the whole zip file again with that 30 k/s pipe...

Oh, some specs...

CPU: AMD 64 Athlon 3200+
Memory: 1024 MB DDR-SDRAM
Video: NVidia GeForce 6600 @ 256 MB
Build: fs_open_3.6.7 - the stock TBP build doesn't work properly on this system (probably due AMD 64 dual core, it crashes frequently), and neither does the build included in the Heat'em Up demo download - that one actually refused to start, it was missing OpenAL32.dll
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline -Norbert-

Why are there new Launcher and Fs_open files in the zip?
Now I can imagine the fs_open file to be edited for a mod, but the launcher?

I really hope the fs_open file in there isn't needed, because I prefer to put mods into their own folder inside the TBP folder and select them via the modmanager in the launcher.

And I too seem to have downloaded a corrupted version.
When I open the vp file with vpview I get a lot of entries with cryptic names, type: ? <Unknown> and 1 kB sice.

Offline Vash

well, everybody who's seeing the opening credits s lucky i guess. when i open the launcher to select the fs2_open and so on, it says that it failed to read the flag file. when i click the fs2_open_r.exe in explorer it gives the me a fatal error. it says that it cant find the "OpenAL32.dll". and says that reinstalling it may fix the problem, which is not the case.
i tried to install it clean and to open it from my original install, but i can't seem to get it to work

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Build 3.6.7 of fs2_open works good for me. The build that is included on the download does not work, it gives the similar announcement of a missing file - which does come with neither TBP install or Heat'Em Up Demo, so re-installing does not indeed help.

My guess is that either the vp file is corrupted or created using an incompatible tool, which causes some systems not to understand it, though I don't actually see a way how that could be the case. So I'd go for a corrupted download... *sigh*

Well, gonna make my comp dl that file again during the night. We'll see if it co-operates then...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Looks like everyone is haqving priobs with it.  If it doesnt play the intro and the cut scenes it is beacause you are not using the build supplied with the demo.  As the the campaigns not showing up there must be a problem with the vp file.  I will upload the campaign file with is only 250k on monday this should solve the problem. ;)

Good, I can wait till then.  :)
Come monday then  :D
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Uploading two files today, uploading an updated demo patch today which includes all missions and campaign update, the correct intro (old intro was included with the demo by mistake), and a missing sound file. This will be 30mb.  I am also uploading the full deno again (updated) 341mb.

Some people may also experience the fs2-open not opening.  This can be solved by installing openAL (all new builds require it) - http://www.openal.org

The build and launcher from the demo must be used because :

These are the latest builds and are tested for compatability.
Problems with older builds causes errors and failed events.
All missions done in fred 3.6.7 so will not work with old builds.
Old builds do not play cut-scenes.
These builds are Mac/Linux compatible.

There must have been a problem with either the upload or the vp file, as this was working fine for all beta testers.  I have tried the new updated demo on 2 different computers and works fine.

After uploads of new material complete I will post the Urls, sorry about this everyone.

Shaun :confused:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 04:14:08 am by madaboutgames »
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Good look Shaun. Hope it goes better for you this time. Releasing a campaign is fun ain' t it ;).
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Sure is :eek:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 05:40:38 am by madaboutgames »
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Talon

Hi shaun I think there was a problem with the upload. My download stops after about a min no matter what server I pick. Anyone else having this trouble.