Author Topic: Brown boxes.  (Read 27758 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Maps are done now, all I need to do is apply them to the models. :D
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Roanoke

I was going to say some matching freighters would be a good idea.  :yes:

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Well, we can always write Bosch Beer on the top section... though it won't be as impressive as it would've been on the sides.

How much more work would it be if you put six rectangular polygons (two per each section, on opposite sides of course) overlayed to the surface (similar to the insignia system) that would use a transparent logo texture (or even better, part of the base texture rather than a separate texture)? If it were possible to map, say, 40x120 sized corner of the map for the logo and then UVMap that location to the rectangles in the model. That grid-like detail could probably handle a bit of resolution reduction...

....kinda like this:

I knew this was going to happen
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I just found some Bosch Beer yesterday, which put me in mind of this topic. :lol:
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Up until last year i always thought bosch beer was only an inside fs2 joke, until last year i drank some too.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I say definatly keep the Bosch Beer skin and also the skins with the Hazard symbols

...BTW is Bosch Beer available in England?
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Fenrir

• ?
Now Deus Ex Machina needs to be updated with that texture.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
...and another container type. DEM used cargo2t-01 with customized mapping. Of course, cameo appearances of Bosch Beer containers would likely be appreciable - amongst other stuff like Spoo, Fruity Oaty Bars, and why not a couple real corporations as well...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Good news and bad news.

The good news...

The bad news...

I can't get the Chronos into a useable 3D format. I keep getting 'vertex out of range' errors with 3DS, and I can't find any other format that will convert from COB that Max or Blender can read while keeping the UV coordinates. Can I get some help here?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
You sir, deserve a cold, refreshing, Bosch Beer  :yes:

Supoib.

Bosch Beer = reason why the NTF lost.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:lol: Brilliant! :lol:

BTW, that should be Orange Tangerine, not simply Orange. :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
So is anyone going to get me a Chronos, or what? :doubt:

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Surely there's a working chronos laying around somewhere... It's my favorite freighter  :blah:

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Way to go Galemp. I'm definetly interested in that medical one. Do let us know when you release them.

It could be cool having the normal texture but with different hazard symbols, so you could have an "explosive" hazard on a crate carrying munitions and etc.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Surely there's a working chronos laying around somewhere... It's my favorite freighter  :blah:
All you have to do is rename the Amazon Advanced.  They're the same thing.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Amazon Advanced is turretless.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
and anyway I need the geometry, not the POF. I have to reapply the maps with my new texture.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Is this compatible withthe lates MEdia.vps? assets i mean?

If so (for my own knowledge of use) it would be a case of replace texture in Fred correct?

Shivan Space Crack on the way soon !!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Solatar

This is brilliant. Maybe use the darker colors for more front-line military operations, but even standard sea-going cargo containers have colors and some logos on them. Could add a lot to the 'mysterious' civilian society in FreeSpace.