Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621869 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: What are you playing right now?
The best way to learn is actually to play with people (specifically Battuta). You will frustrate us more by picking up ****ty habits from the ****ty tutorials than by showing up with no idea what to do.

Okie dokey. Next time I'm available with a good bit of time, I'll see if anybody's free.

Online deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Insaniqarium Deluxe!  Installed it for my kids and was up til midnight playing it.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
For the past couple of weeks it's been World of Tanks for me. I'm probably not that good but I'm at least trying to do a proper job in whatever role I get put in... :nervous:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Working through Kerbal Space Program's career mode, doing lots of SCIENCE!  I've had surprisingly few unintentional catastrophic failures so far.  But I'm slowly getting into the bigger stuff, so there's lots of potential!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Asteroids- first game I EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE.

http://m.coolrom.com.au/roms/atari7800/a/
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs. Hokum: Honestly, I'm not convincing myself to commit to it. No offense, but really, I don't. Maybe it's me being saturated to Comanche Gold and Jane's Longbow so much, but yeah, I'm not feeling the EECH vibe. (I would be willing to do a point-by-point explanation on what I hate about it compared to CG and LB, but I'd rather not bother wasting anyone's time, given that I what, pissed off a fourth of this site already and haven't logged as many flight hours into EECH yet.)

MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat (DOS) - trying to rebuild all my good Mech builds all over again sucks. (For the record, yeah, I can do almost every mission with a Stormcrow, although granted, that's the second-easiest and second-best Mech in the game overall to use. Rifleman's more fun for me though, because the Timber Wolf has been played to death so much. Placing AI wingmen in Firemoths is very lol-worthy, but give them 5 MLs or LL+MP, they'll hold more than twice their weight.)
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
time to reach into my backlog for a new game.  first response gets to decide for me.  (or popular vote if there are multiple before i come back)

Available options:
KOTOR
Metro 2033
Fallout: New Vegas (with the understanding I haven't played any of the other fallout games - see below)
Half Life (entire series - also specify where I should start because I have all the remakes and such as well)
FEAR 3 (replay as Fettel)
The entire X series (except the new one) - I attempted to start this a while ago but gave up when I couldn't get the joystick to work decently (no throttle control at all) and haven't yet returned.

Games left unfinished/ragequit for whatever reason that I might return to when I have the patience:
Descent 1/2/3 - just never made it to the end of any of them.  I don't stay in a descent-y mood for long enough to finish any of them.  I have a couple 1 playthroughs (one rebirth and one vanilla nostalgia game) sitting somewhere between half and 2/3.
Arma II - ragequit due to asinine controls.  Stupid to begin with, and then I randomly stopped being able to turn in the training level.  Or interact with anything.  And it seemed the training was based only on default mapping and wouldn't adjust to my less terrible custom set.
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident - I liked the first few missions, but couldn't get past the difficulty spike after you start fighting the aliens whose name I've forgotten.  Once I had to start micromanaging multiple ships it fell apart.  Also never got a solid grasp on all of the mechanics.  Much different from the CnC 'lasso units and click target/destination' that is pretty much my whole experience in RTS.
Fallout 1 (and 2, but never started that one) - Began briefly as the default character.  I now know that was a huge mistake and has a lot to do with why I didn't enjoy it, but haven't gone back to try again yet.  While exploring/feeling out the game and mechanics I got into a massive fight with a gang somehow and couldn't figure out why or how to stop it.  And I got beat the **** down.

And of course any number of FS campaigns that I haven't played yet.  Vassago's Dirge is still waiting, as well as many of the old classics like Sync, Homesick, Ancient/Shivan War, etc.  Pretty much the only major ones I've played are BP, Transcend, ST:R, Derelict, and Destiny of Peace.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:09:31 am by Klaustrophobia »
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Fallout 1...
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
War Thunder. A great many hours to download it only to get pissed off at the control settings.  :mad:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Play Half Life 2.  Half Life the first (and Black Mesa) are pretty good for the gameplay, but a good deal of the story is blink-and-you-miss-it, or can be accidentally ignored without much difficulty.  Half Life 2 still has great gameplay, but the story is also much easier to pick up (and the endings actually make sense).

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Play Half Life 2.  Half Life the first (and Black Mesa) are pretty good for the gameplay, but a good deal of the story is blink-and-you-miss-it, or can be accidentally ignored without much difficulty.  Half Life 2 still has great gameplay, but the story is also much easier to pick up (and the endings actually make sense).

Well, that.

If you're going to do the complete Half-Life 1 saga (as in, if you care about the story-ish and want things to piece together),  my suggestion is take your time between Half-Life 1 and Blue Shift [this runs the length of the first half of Half-Life 1] then wrap it up with Opposing Force [start when you're about two-thirds in HL1].

As far as FS mods... it's a toss-up between Vassago's Dirge and Ancient-Shivan War.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That's no tossup. Play Vassago's Dirge if you have to decide between those two.

Offline cahdoge

• Is a lubricated bug a butterfly?
Titanfall

Ego-shooter with need for speed!
Understanding do you me?

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Descent, of course.

Is there any other option?
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
according to the save game, I am about 16 hours into Civ III PtW as the Ottomans, so far wiped out the Vikings (tiny), Persian (Big) and the Arabs (Big+reasonable tech).  Probably kill the French next as they are a pathetic size
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Hammering it on WoT during weekends when I have an hour or so to spare.
el hombre vicio...

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Watch Dogs
Because why would I not be playing this?
"No"

Offline Kolgena

Metro 2033 was very good, both gameplay and story.

HL2 is a classic that you should play, but I'm in the same boat too. Just started up HL2 but going very slowly through it because of insanely bad motion sickness. (**** you, source engine)