Author Topic: Hardware Wanted: Keyboard / Mouse  (Read 608 times)

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Hardware Wanted: Keyboard / Mouse
Hey all,

My keyboard and mouse are both getting long in the tooth and I need replacements.

Requirements:
Mouse must be optical and use a wire (not wireless). I'm currently using the Microsoft Intellimouse which has served me well but has simply worn out. New mouse must also be suitable for FPS games (fast reaction times a must). Must also have a track-wheel in the middle.

Keyboard must be black/dark metallic as opposed to light grey.... also non-wireless and have good reaction times etc. I'm not looking for anything incredibly fancy in the extras department but wouldn't mind having them either.

Any recommendations / advice welcome.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
lessee, can't go past the logitech dual optical for mice, it's smooth, got good response time, and isn't corded.. the logitech elite keyboard is good also, pretty hard-wearing, damn good for gaming, and isn't curved hither and yon..

hmm, they don't seem to have the dual optical ones there on the site, the MX 500 is pretty good, too..
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=3,CONTENTID=4998
and the keyboard
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=1,CONTENTID=5013
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Oh yeah, heh - should've mentioned. I'm left handed so I prefer omni-handed perpherals (read: I won't use a right handed mouse). Also I'm not looking to spend over £50 on both combined.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
Originally posted by Kalfireth
Oh yeah, heh - should've mentioned. I'm left handed so I prefer omni-handed perpherals (read: I won't use a right handed mouse). Also I'm not looking to spend over £50 on both combined.

oh, right.. hmm..

can't go past a microsoft optical wheelmouse for ambidexterity ;)
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Aye, that's what I'm thinking.. and they aren't bad mice to be fair. What about the keyboard? I'm really not looking for anything flashy...

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
Originally posted by Kalfireth
Aye, that's what I'm thinking.. and they aren't bad mice to be fair. What about the keyboard? I'm really not looking for anything flashy...

either a
a Mitsubishi Professional Keyboard (they come in a black color)
or a microsoft model, not too sure which ones come in a black color tho. Edit: the microsoft multimedia keyboards do come in a black color..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 10:11:51 am by 86 »
   //Warning\\

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Really? Might check them out then... having looked at some sites I never thought there was quite so much choice...

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
why hold back buy the Di nivo set :p
I hate My signature!

Offline Odyssey

• Stormrider
[color=cc9900]I bought a £2 keyboard and it serves me fine. I'm not afraid to spill fruit juices on it then take it apart to fix it either. I also bought a £2 mouse, and it's my primary normal-type mouse. 'course, I never use it, I use a logitech wireless trackball type, but when I do use it it's fine.[/color]