Author Topic: Im not allowed to search....So  (Read 2302 times)

Offline NumNuts

Im not allowed to search....So
Just installed TBP and setting it up, I cant access/configure my joystick in the UI. The launcher shows it as selected but it's unresponsive in the Game setup configs. Is this a bug/known issue?
A friend just pointed me to this project, I never had FS2 but was in love with FS. BTW, I have a standard USB MS-Precision 2 joystick.
Thanks for any information.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Re: Im not allowed to search....So
Uhm, you don't have FS2 installed right ? If you have, run the vanilla launcher to set it up.

It has something to do with missing registry entries, but Fury is the man to ask for that.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline NumNuts

Ahhhh, no I don't have FS2, I assumed TBP was completely "stand alone".  ;)
I noticed within the TBP launcher, if I click on the Registry TAB I get an error "A error has occured reading from the registry, cancelling", then it shows me a location : SOFTWARE\Volition\Freespace2 - But there is nothing in the box underneath it.
Do you know of a key I can create to put in there??? Name/Type/Data?
Or is there multiple entries in that field for people who have installed FS2?
Thanks for any info.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
TBP is completely stand alone. It's just that if you had FS2 you'd have access to another program to set the launcher entries for you.

If you're happy editing the registy you want a DWORD called CurrentJoystick. Mine appears to be set to 0.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline NumNuts

Thankyou very much for your help. Unfortunately adding that key didnt help when selecting my joystick from the list. However, as per the readme ( ;) ), trying both "Force 0" & "Force 1" didnt pick it up either but using "Win32 Joystick 2" DID!
If I press the calibrate button while Win32.... is selected it gives me an error.....but it's the only option that recognizes all buttons/axis from within the game. Go figure!!!!
Well, it's working that's the main thing - I can't explain why but figure I don't need to.  ;7
Thanks again guys.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 02:53:58 pm by NumNuts »

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Yep, TBP is sompletely stand alone, but we need some easier way to set up joystick registry entries. Fury ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
No registry editing is necessary, just select the correct joystick from the launcher. Interestingly "the correct" is not always the one carrying your joystick's name, like in this case. You want to bug those who are developing the launcher.

Offline Mungrel

whats with this not allowed to search stuff anyhoo.

Offline Slasher

HLP's search function has been inoperative for some time now. 

Offline Mungrel

Thanks Slasher! I thought it was some sort of punishment for low post no. or something else like a ban.