Author Topic: Help - Dockpoints  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Raptor

Okay, I think I've come up with a way to get around one of the silly limits the game engine has.

However, to get it to work, the ship(s) need working dockpoints.

Now, I added a dockpoint to my Hera, but when I have an Argo start off docked with it, the game CTD's.

The path must be correct, because fighters launch from the hanger bay without flaw.

Error starts off with this:

Code: [Select]
fs2_open_3_6_9 caused an Integer Divide by Zero in module fs2_open_3_6_9.exe at 001b:004ad695.
Exception handler called in FreeSpace 2 Main Thread.

It then goes off to lines of... stuff.

Can anybody help?
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Hangar bay paths are not dock points. Does your POF have a seperate dock point with its own path ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hangar paths are named $Bay01, $Bay02, etc....  (parent detail0 or whatever... didn't notice it actually does anything)

Dockpaths are usually named something like path01d or something.
The ID number of that path in PCS (-1) MUST be enetered into the dockpint data (for one dockpoint you have to have TWO normals, both the same except one is moved by a microscopic ammount)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Raptor

To answer questions:

@Col, Fishguts: Yes, seperate dock point and seperate path

@Trashman: Got all that (five paths, Bay01 - Bay04, and dockpoint has two normals.

I've just noticed something that might effect things.  In the paths tab of PCS, there is a 'parent' field.  Should that be the exact name of the dockpoint itself?
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I'm prety sure this is covered in my PCS tutorial.
in the docking section.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Raptor

in the docking section.

Aye, it is.  I followed that when I created the dockpoint on my ship.

Just tryed a couple of ideas as to get it to work.  Still doesn't.

Offline Roanoke

in the docking section.

:nod:

been a while since you looked at it yourself ?  :p