Author Topic: Using a controller  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Wanderer mad some updates to the joy control code. Not a lot of people tested the builds he put out on it, but the vote was pretty unanimous.

In short, if you had control problems before, give it a try. Best thing to keep in mind is don't nail the DeadZone and Sensitivity to their furthest extremes.
Always be a dot or two away from fully filled or empty for the best results.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I myself have given FS a try with my cloned Xbox 360 controller, and have found that the controller would work great, if only i could attain the necessary level of control to actually aim my guns with that little tiny stick!   :ick:

So for now, i have resigned myself to sticking entirely to my joystick, as big a pain as it is to drag around with my laptop.
In my experience it takes just as much time to learn how to play a flying game with a gamepad joystick as it does to learn how to play a flying game with a normal stick.

It's different for you because you're more used to playing with a stick than a gamepad. It'll take some time to play the game with a gamepad, but give it a go, eventually you get it down.

My only folly is that i haven't played fs2 in years with a gamepad. So i need to relearn.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.