Author Topic: Which choice is better?  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Vortex

Which choice is better?
Hehe, with the speeds the Loki can obtain, you don't need cms to dodge missiles. God you can waste so much ammo trying to kill a person who knows how to use a Loki (like me, NOT). :D:D:D
Proud member of the Combathawks and Silver Talon Wing
100th gany victim
143rd person to reach commodore (without cheating)
------------------------
SPAM!  SPAM! SPAM! Hit your post button pilot! hehehe... :drevil:
------------------------
"To have may be taken from you; to have had, never. Far better to have tasted love before dying than to die alone."

Vintar

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Which choice is better?
thats so true, just roll and hit your after burners, i usually go in without power to my primaries and spend a few minutes dodging missiles, then go for the kill when they're empty :D

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Which choice is better?
Well if you want speed, the Horus is the way to go- the Loki is a bit slower than that and carries much less weaponry. The biggest problem with the Loki is its armor in my opinion; it cannot withstand flak bursts for nearly as long as some other fighters can (most light fighters, even), and so you have to avoid capital ships at all costs. Also, it can't carry enough tempests, which is one of my favorite anti-fighter weapons. :p :D You can certainly perform well in that fighter, but not as well as you could in another fighter. Also, remember that the Loki was essentially a failed project; it was supposed to be a stealth fighter like the Pegasus or Ptah, but some flaws in its design rendered that capability useless, so it did not turn out as good as it should have been.

Which choice is better?
Originally posted by killadonuts
More manuverable?
Perseus or Serapis?
I say Serapis :D

Yeah, but the armor on the Serapis is paper-thin.  Whenever I fly it I always seem to have my engines and/or weapons and/or sensors blasted by a single rockeye.  :doh:

Perseus can take more punishment and is faster to boot.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Which choice is better?
the loki is more rounded overall though when compared to the interceptors

Offline elorran

• Big Daddy Tap
  • Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
Which choice is better?
Fast and maneuverable fighters are great for dog fights, though tend to lack the firepower capabilities of the heavier ships.  The major flaw with fly fast ships is collisions and missile damage.

Collisions at faster speeds dish out more damage to both parties, though less to the ship that is flying slower.  Missile damage is also a pain in a fast ship if you take a missile head as they do more damage like that.  So despite it's lower speed, a herc 2 can actually be more sound in such a situation... but for the sake of that one situation you're probably better sticking to the ship you prefer.
Thats no moon... hes dropped his pants!

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Which choice is better?
ya, herc2s are great until you get someone in an interceptor or recon ship tucked in neatly inside your enginewash, pumping a continuous stream of Kaysers into your rear end.  Lokis can fly circles around Hercs, thats the reason why i stopped flying assault fighters.