Author Topic: Drone bombers, 'cruise' missiles -- balanced ways to spare poor bomber pilots?  (Read 7469 times)

Offline -Norbert-

Re: Drone bombers, 'cruise' missiles -- balanced ways to spare poor bomber pilots?
Bombs in FS2 also had next to 0 shield damage, which isn't the case of BP bombs and torpedoes. Believe me, you WANT those things to do next than 0 damage when you're intercepting them.
I played the very first release of AoA and all that followed... do I even need to say more?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: Drone bombers, 'cruise' missiles -- balanced ways to spare poor bomber pilots?
I still routinely get killed by the Temeraire's torpedoes when assaulting the Vassago in Forced Entry :p
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
I still routinely get killed by the Temeraire's torpedoes when assaulting the Vassago in Forced Entry :p

Um... the Ravana chasing the Termeraire is the Abel in Forced Entry. The Vassago shows up in Preserving the Balance and suffers death by beams.

And I got killed by a Narayana's torpedoes (yeesh, they really hurt) when I tried to do my own close-quarter bombing run on a Typhon.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Gotcha. I'm bad with names, especially when I can't be arsed to doublecheck. Bite me.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras