Author Topic: Seeing double.  (Read 2800 times)

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I recently re-installed FS2 on my new computer and wanted to check out how WiH has come along. So I loaded up the game and used the BP installer. Since I downloaded from GOG, I had to manually copy the files over after running the installer. When I booted up the game, I started seeing double everything. Double text, double targeting windows, everything. Clean install, latest Media VPs, don't have this problem in any other campaign. Checked my HUD config, running a new pilot, etc. Anybody know of a fix?

Screenshot

You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I think this can occur with some screen resolutions.  I know it doesn't occur for me with 1440x900.  I don't think it occurs with 1680x1050 either. 

There's some other resolutions that might work in this thread:  http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=83343.0
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline -Norbert-

It's simple: Your computer is drunk! Stop filling alcohol into your liquid cooling system!

.... sorry, just couldn't resist. :o

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I don't have resolutions that high. I'm capped at 1280x1024. At 1024x768 the doubling effect stops, but the HUD is still all messed up. I cannot use a lower resolution because BP doesn't support it.

The issue is local to BP, I'm able to play other campaigns at my normal resolution.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yep it has to do with the custom HUD gauge table. For whatever reason it's not happy with certain resolutions.

Why are you capped at 1280x1024? If that's seriously a concern (lord, how?) I can try to make you a custom table.

Why are you capped at 1280x1024?
Probably because his screen can't support a higher resolution. I've got the same problem, so I'm playing BP at 1366x768. It looks kinda weird, but at least I can read more than a third of my HUD.

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Yep it has to do with the custom HUD gauge table. For whatever reason it's not happy with certain resolutions.

Why are you capped at 1280x1024? If that's seriously a concern (lord, how?) I can try to make you a custom table.

Can I have one too pls? I am at 1280x1024 because thats the native resolution of my monitor (yup, some of us still dont live in the FullHD world :D ).
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

I have this problem and I can't use any of the supported resolutions. Is there a way to just disable the custom HUD altogether?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Nope, I don't think any of the act's missions would be playable without all the extra tactical gauges. I'll see if I can get something for you guys.

Offline Logrus

+1 for the custom 1280x1024 HUD!

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

Can I have one too pls? I am at 1280x1024 because thats the native resolution of my monitor (yup, some of us still dont live in the FullHD world :D ).

sometimes i still miss my old 1024x768 CRT.  CRTs are so goddamn buttery smooth.
I like to stare at the sun.