Author Topic: a children's book  (Read 6407 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, when I was growing up I read books about Pirates, but I'm still not allowed to openly carry a musket :(

butthurt level: 10

Pirates. Butthurt

Butt Pirates

Someone needs to write a children's book about butt pirates

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/470346.Sodomy_and_the_Pirate_Tradition

;)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
That is so glorious
I need it
"No"

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
I'm slightly uncomfortable that everyone here besides The_E immediately transposed "non-white" into "black".  There are a lot more non-white groups than just black people, guys.
The only non-white open carry demonstrations I knew of at the time of posting were the Black Panthers in the 60s in California (which was immediately followed by California's open carry ban, courtesy of Reagan) so that's why I limited my post to black. I hereby acknowledge that other races besides black and white exist and very possibly have members crazy enough to support open carry.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm slightly uncomfortable that everyone here besides The_E immediately transposed "non-white" into "black".

Not really, Swash mentioned the Black Panthers and I immediately followed that with a joke. Everyone followed that trend without referencing The_E so the distillation of the discussion down to just black people with guns wasn't really anything to do with everyone thinking that anyone not white must be black.

I'm pretty sure most of us on HLP know that there aren't only Whites and Not-Whites. Or even only 3 or 4 races.

I'm slightly uncomfortable that everyone here besides The_E immediately transposed "non-white" into "black".  There are a lot more non-white groups than just black people, guys.
All two of them.

Except for Lorric of course.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lorric

Try again Karajorma.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
No, try again Lorric.

I'm slightly uncomfortable that everyone here besides The_E immediately transposed "non-white" into "black".
All two of them.

If your post had looked like the above, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Karajorma: That was unnecessary and uncivilized. It might have helped, rather than jumping to a conclusion at somebodies expense, trying to actually discuss the issue or perhaps try to actually understand it a bit rather than just assuming you know it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:38:55 pm by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Lorric

No, try again Lorric.

All two of them.

If your post had looked like the above, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Sorry. I didn't realize that what I thought was clear wasn't. For clarity that is indeed what I meant with the post, two people.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
for what it's worth, i thought that was clear also.  kara's interpretation never even occurred to me.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Returning to the original topic, can we all agree that the parents depicted on the cover of the book are siblings?

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
Wait, you're saying they're inbred on the cover?
"No"

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Returning to the original topic, can we all agree that the parents depicted on the cover of the book are siblings?
I think we can ALL agree on that and more
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Best part about that is the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" list, without question.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Lorric

Best part about that is the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" list, without question.
Oh wow. That is... interesting, shall we say.