Author Topic: HTL Subspace Node Model  (Read 6212 times)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I've heard it, and I've actually tried once or twice.  Can't get the proportions right without quads.  The FS2 node was already somewhat triangular, so it wasn't nearly as hard.  I do have an idea (it won't look the same, but it should be close enough).  It would help if I could get at the old node, but without FS1 or the port installed, I don't have access to the original.  Think you could upload it in pof or (preferably) cob format for me?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Originally posted by StratComm
that's correct, I don't know what could be causing it to not work.  You don't have a copy of the old node in your FS2 root, do you?
No, there's nothing in the FS2 root.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Maybe a dumb idea, but I have this problem with the
zip-program I use (zip-central), It doesn't exract a file,
when at the target location already is one with the same
name, I mean it does not overwrite at all.

Unzip to the root, and copy it manually into the model-folder,
maybe this helps
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I hate to dredge this up, but I am willing to take another stab at the FS1 node if I can get a copy of it.  I'll take FS2 pof or cob, anything that I can convert without having to dig up the old FS1 converters.  I'd try that route but I don't have any converters that old on this machine, or FS1 for that matter.  I can make something close I think but I need the original mesh if I'm going to get anything useful out of it.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM