Author Topic: Just plain annoyed  (Read 3491 times)

Yeah, its said it was fixed but it wasn't on my machine. Yet again its the Nightmare Scenario. Some guy at Mantis said to use another build but I didn't know where to find it, I installed different fs_open builds but it didn't fix (in fact it worsened it), I searched here only to find dead links to fixes, and now I'm getting impatient. Will the RW 2.1 patch fix this problem? If not what do I get to fix it? I'm doing a complete reinstall of all files of TBP and adding the patch and if it doesn't work... well then there is going to be more complaining. I ran a debug of the mission game crashed before it even went to the briefing screen without leaving a log. Previous debugs said that there were table problems but I'm sure those are fixed by now.
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Some guy at Mantis said to use another build but I didn't know where to find it,
Have you tried checking the Source code projects site? (link at HLP main page)
Or the recent builds threads at the SCP boards? (here at HLP forums)

BTW. What is your problem?
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Will the RW 2.1 patch fix this problem?

Yes, that's what it's actually there for. Install the correct version of the path, depending on your SCP build, and it should work.

Have you read through the sticky RW 2.1 thread ? There are several useful hints in there.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

I found the SCP homepage and got the latest build and didn't fix it. And Guts, the problem that actually left a log said something about a ship having something 0 when it should at least be 1. It was lost somehow but I reinstalled everything and installed the patch for the old build that came with TBP so hopefully it works now.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
yes your problem can be fixed easily, by fixing it.

isn't vagueness fun! :)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Not really. Whats really fun is laughing the hell out of yourself when you point your finger and laugh at a once unpassable level because of a bug and rejoice in glory as you conquered an annoying blockage to your progression in your most favorite mod! Its finally fixed.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
ok, because you seem to be about as dense as a brick wall:

WE HAVE NO ****ING IDEA WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS

_TELL_ _US_ WHAT THIS BUG OF YOURS _*IS*_!
[/color]
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Some guy at Mantis said to use another build but I didn't know where to find it, I installed different fs_open builds but it didn't fix (in fact it worsened it), I searched here only to find dead links to fixes, and now I'm getting impatient.

Quote from: My Mantis Bug Response
Are you using 3.6.7 or a different build? I think this has been fixed recently, if that's a red alert mission. Anything newer than 20051117 should have the fix but that bug did slip into 3.6.7 without anyone noticing it. Try a newer build, one of the CVS releases, and report back as to whether it works now or not.

And after about 2 and a half weeks without response from you it was assumed fixed and the bug was closed.  Did you even read the ****ing thing?  Not only did you waste my time by filing a bug report and not keeping up with it but now you come here and ***** about it.  I'll be sure to ignore each and every problem you report from now on since you were kind enough to ignore my attempt to help fix the problem.  :mad:

Your solution didn't work. Plain and simple and I lost faith in mantis and took the problem into my own hands. And to anwser, I have no idea what the bug was. It just crashed without leaving a crash log. And it took a while for a response and look at this: 7 replies in a few days compared to a single relpy in 3 days or somewhere around that.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Seriously Vengence you need to use Mantis if you want coding bugs resolved. A bug like this can only be solved by giving us as much useful information as you can but yet you haven't even linked to the mantis report which means you're expecting us to all dig through Mantis to find what you're on about.

The fact is that you may have gotten more attention with this thread but it's all been negative. Even after reading it I'm still not much the wiser about what your problem actually is, let alone what I can do to help you solve it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Vengence I hope you get it fixed, That level has some great freding and great voice acting all thrown into one!!!

:pimp:

:yes:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm not sure if Vengance openned a bug report in the SCP Mantis, but he did open one in the TBP Mantis (11/19).  That bug report has been closed, but after making the initial bug report, Vengance didn't provide any feedback from Taylor's suggestions (11/21), so he closed the bug report (12/06).
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Either use Mantis - http://lore.maxgaming.net/~scp/mantis/login_page.php - or don't complain.  And put forth a little effort to help us out, for goodness sakes.

If you won't see fit to cooperate with us, I see no reason to allow you to waste our time on the forums.

Thread closed.