Author Topic: What changed?  (Read 3650 times)

Hi
Some questions from a newbee

1. Are all Ships etc. reworked or are there still some unchanged Ships in the game?

2. What about the effects, still old stuff floating around?

3. Is there a webpage that compares old ships/effects etc. with the new ones?(www.xwaupgrade.com has some nice pics where you can see the big differences between old a new models)

You could just run the retail exe and look at the old stuff that way.  PS, your eyes will bleed.

I don't even have FS installed.
First I wanted to clarify those things.
Because if there is still old stuff left that has to be redone I wouldn't mind to wait awhile till it's ready.

Offline Ravage

• Just happy to be here.
There are still some ships that don't have new maps/textures(?) I think, but for the most part they look outstanding...You'll drool when you see the new Hecate.   However, I highly recommend that you get the 3.6.9 official release and the 3.6.8 Zeta media vps that are sticked on this page...as the previous poster said, your eyes will bleed with the retail graphics, but you'll know enlightenment after you see the improvements made by the SCP/HLP teams...
Fame is proof that people are gullible.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't even have FS installed.
First I wanted to clarify those things.
Because if there is still old stuff left that has to be redone I wouldn't mind to wait awhile till it's ready.

Whoa nelly.  This project has been moving along for many years: it's very unlikely everything's going to be HTL'd at any point in the forseeable mid-term.  The next set of vps (from the amazing DaB) is mighty fine and everything important is done.  There are several lesser-used Terran fighters still crap, the Hippocrates is still old, but it's all pretty swish.  I don't know what happened to the HTL Hatshepsuts that were floating around, but simply better textures made a big difference.

Some of these days, I'm going to learn how to 3D model too, so I can contribute >.> *procrastinates procrastinates procrastinates*

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

See ya in 20 years, then.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, consider it a rolling release, it'll mean less waiting.

It would be nice to have a set of comparison shots, but seeing as the odds of me getting off my arse and doing it is pretty slim at the moment, I'm not shouting too loud for it ;)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
It would be nice to have a set of comparison shots, but seeing as the odds of me getting off my arse and doing it is pretty slim at the moment, I'm not shouting too loud for it ;)

I'd be willing to do it, it'd be nice to contribute. Maybe I can earn a title?  :nervous:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,35998.0.html

Just go here and browse all the pages for your screenshot fs1 and fs2 glory. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell what's new and old.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yeah, what did happen to all the HTL ships in progress?

teh Colossuss?
Iceni?
Hippocrates?
Hatsepthut?
The Demon (mapping)?

Am I missing anything?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
The demon is currently in the works still getting polyed. The iceni technically is finished but had one major problem with it no one has seemed to fix yet on it yet.
The hatshepsut is 2 or more years ago since i've seen anything on it.
The htl hipocrates (lol trashman hippo-crates...lol) i've seen it worked on i think like less than half a year ago.
The colossus is so 1.5 years ago in the least.

That's all i know.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yo dude, I finished hte Demon mesh more than a month ago. *Someone* is mapping it, can't recall who, but I know he's good :D

I havn't worked on the Hippocrates, I think that's Spicious's work..or was it?

And lastly, if hte HTL Iceni isn't moving anywhere, someone send me the model and I'll port it....
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!