Author Topic: No weapons  (Read 4386 times)

Today I loaded up Freespace and continued where I left off in the Derelict campaign, only when I commit to the mission and it launches, I have no weapons.  When I quit back to the flight deck and try to change my ship/weapon loadout, it does not allow me to add any weapons to the ship, or to change my ship.

I don't recall changing anything, and last time I was in the mission, it worked just fine -- that is, the ship had weapons.  I can only imagine this has something to do with a table file, but that could be completely wrong.

Has this ever happened to anyone else, and what do I do to correct it?

If necessary, I can show post some pics of the problem(s).
mb:  Asus A8AE-LE, athlon 64 3200+ 2ghz, 1024mb ram (2x512 pc3200), evga geforce 7600 gt 256mb gddr3 pci-e, hdd 142gb, 56gb

are you using FSO? if so what build. and when you go into the mission, try rearming right away, it will sometimes give you the basic loadout for the mission

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think he is, he has been posting loads of FSOpen screen shots.

It sounds to me like he's trying to use the original, non-voiced version of Derelict. I'd reccomend getting Blaise Russel's upgraded version.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
IIRC one of the missions, where you are to protect the Phi Eridani jump node, the creator used the Dogfight ('D') variants of the weapons.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I hard believe they have been removed from the tables, so I don't get your point.

Anyway, I recommend BR's edited version, since it's more a bug fixing version than a normal voice acted SCP version.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, it's fixed.

Wait a sec, did you just say that the D variants were removed from the tables?!!

If so, that would explain the problem.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
No, I said that it would solve the problem.

BR is around, he should give us the answer we need.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, but if it can't find the D variants then it won't load any weapons, which may be the case, right?

I'm not sure that he's using BR's version.

OK -- I am not sure what happened, but, after some screwing around, I pressed the 'reset' button in the ship selection/weapon loadout screens, and bam, my choice of ships returned as did the full selection of weapons.

Weird.  I have no idea how they got turned off/disabled/removed as choices.

Oh, and I am playing the voice-acted version, by Blaise Russel -- the one that installed with Turey's installer.  I think someone was saying earlier in another thread that they preferred Mackie's voice in the previous version.  Without having heard that version, I think that Mackie's voice is perfect for the part -- cynical, annoyed, etc.

Anyhow, as always, this board has been very responsive to (yet another one of) my questions -- so thanks again guys!
mb:  Asus A8AE-LE, athlon 64 3200+ 2ghz, 1024mb ram (2x512 pc3200), evga geforce 7600 gt 256mb gddr3 pci-e, hdd 142gb, 56gb

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Oh, that's a common bug. I have already helped someone that had the same problem.

Sorry, I should have reckognized this problem before, I thought you had no weapons only during the mission, giving for sure that they were selectable during the briefing. Sorry. :(
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Well if you got no weapons i really recommend getting stationed on a different destroyer or space station :lol:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Oh, that's a common bug. I have already helped someone that had the same problem.

Sorry, I should have reckognized this problem before, I thought you had no weapons only during the mission, giving for sure that they were selectable during the briefing. Sorry. :(

I thought it was great that you (and everyone else) replied at all with suggestions.  This really is a helpful forum.  Seriously, thanks again.