Author Topic: thanks for the help  (Read 2006 times)

Vincenta196

thanks for the help guys in my last post. ultimitly, i had to reformat my hardrive on not just my main system, but my other 3 as well. all comp. files of anything fs2 is gone, so my friends and i are rebuilding. already got the first mission done. This whole ordeal has made myself and a few friends of mine (as we run around the base screaming for a nortin anti-virus disk like druggies) burnt out for the moment. i am going to take a day or so off from this. I also got bryce 4, which I am told should be far better than 3dsm, as far as ship building anyways. it is a lot easier (for me at least, i am new at modeling) to use than 3dsm, i can say that.

Anyways, for the sanity of myself and those who have worked on Project Shivana, any outside help would be appreciated in rebuilding the campaign. it doesn't have a mod, however that could change now that there is the possibility to mod it. Anyone who wants to help will be appreciated. all you got to do is email me or just reply on the post saying your interested. I'll send an outline of the campaign tomorrow

again, thanx for everybody's help. (sorry for the red mad face, clicked it on accident, not trying to be sarcasting or anything)

------------------
"Casualties many: percent dead not known: we are winning." - PFC Raynold's response to my "what's your status?" while he is testing FS2 campain.

[This message has been edited by Vincenta196 (edited 03-26-2001).]

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
What kind of mods do you mean, anyhow?

BTW, I found 3DS Max to be quite easy to use, and it was pretty much the first 3D program I really used.  Do you have the tutorials for it?  If not, contact me on ICQ about them.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Vincenta196

what kind of mods? no clue,  been saving all my mod ideas for a SL vs. FS2 that my g. arts friend noel and myself have talked about and drew some sketches. If there is a mod that would fit into Project shivana, then it would be something like a new shivan turret, and a knew knossos looking portal, shivan like making.

as for 3dsm bieng easier than bryce 4, that's all a matter of opinion. i first tried bryce 4, then tried to switch, and it failed horribly. i would icq you Shrike, but I need to re-download ICQ along with other stuff.

ah, yes, Casper said that he would be able to recieve e-mails on anyone who wants to help in the campaign. his address is at [email protected]

------------------
"Casualties many: percent dead not known: we are winning." - PFC Raynold's response to my "what's your status?" while he is testing FS2 campain.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hold on - you lost everything? You mean that 50 mission campaign?  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Vincenta196

lost everything, Project Shivana campaign, 5 models for SL vs FS campaign, any computer documented notes, FS2, you name it, it's gone, and all 4 systems needed to be formatted (except for 1, an old 667 mgh celeron, but it has only 8 missions done.)

------------------

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Damn dude, thats terrible  

------------------
Webmaster: Hard Light Productions
Staffer and P1mp: Ross128   Sounds of Thunder

Fight the future!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.