Author Topic: UFO Extraterrestrials Gold LP: HLP Protects Humanity Ascendant  (Read 12398 times)

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
Re: UFO Extraterrestrials Gold LP: HLP Protects Humanity Ascendant
Only 1 kill?
You're not using me to my full potential....
It's been one mission, dude. Take it easy.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Only 1 kill?
You're not using me to my full potential....

Attempting to do that tends to get you killed, but in the next batch that I have to write up you do get to use Stun Rockets and get us our first Live capture (And the only one that is a non-commander that counts for anything).
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
This reminds me: is the english as bad as I remember?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
This reminds me: is the english as bad as I remember?

Not that I've really noticed. Maybe they fixed it for the Gold re-release?
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Probably. The original, which I foolishly let Matrix Games gouge me for, had some pretty dodgy English and spelling at points. The opening cutscene line reads were awful too.

A Feddie Story

*Is late for yet another (Not)X-Com LP

I missed the first and was sidelined in the second. I must die gloriously at least once!
Volunteering for Redshirt duty, and if possible in later missions, a stunner.

*cksssschk*
This is your captain speaking! Welcome aboard Red Raider airlines, we are currently cruising at 5000 meters above lovely Ilyria North. On the port side you'll see some farmland of some sort, probably.

Um, I suppose this is a good time to go over safety information. If you'll turn your attention to the flight attendant, you'll notice we don't have flight attendants, because this is a military dropship, sillies.

Let's see, safety... Emergency exits are non-existant. There's only one exit, same as the entrance. If there's an emergency, just hope we have parachutes. We do not have parachutes. I mean, I do, but you all don't.

In case of an emergency water landing, your seat cushions can be used as flotation devices, as well as any of your partners who may have not been very lucky. I suppose there's a raft too.
In case of an emergency land landing, please exit the dropship and secure the immediate area from aliens. This ship is more expensive than your combined salaries for the year. Just sayin', it's expensive, and probably your only ride home.

Just sit tight, we should arrive at the crash site in about 3 hours. The flight attendant will be by shortly with complementary peanuts and beer.

Yeah... that should do it. Captain Scourge out.
*ckshssssk*

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
*Is late for yet another (Not)X-Com LP

I missed the first and was sidelined in the second. I must die gloriously at least once!
Volunteering for Redshirt duty, and if possible in later missions, a stunner.

Stunning is done with grenades and rockets in this game. And the Marques we have just now are awful.

Scourge, that was beautiful :P

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
...NGTM-1R gets his first kill, spraying it down on full Auto...  ...NGTM-1R endures the rest of the mission coughing up blood and will definitely need hospital time when we get back...

like a Baws?BOSS!

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The heck with that, have you ever tried aiming a rifle when you coughed blood on the sights? This chemical warfare crap is for the birds. Why didn't somebody anticipate the need for sealed armor, dammit? These are aliens, they could have virulent diseases or god knows what, and we don't have any goddamn sealed armor in the 2100s!

Dammit Command.

A Feddie Story

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmm, well your choices are 1) sealed with O2 supply (then you have to lug around extra weight, and you've got the equivalent of a small bomb on your back, try youtube: oxygen tank concrete wall, first link, mythbusters) or 2) not sealed, and hope that you can filter everything out.  Of course, the other side's job is to try to make it get through your filter anyways.  ;)  Any damage to the suit would bypass the filter, so let's hope the suit can re-seal itself pretty fast.

EDIT: actually, O2 tank and bullet play chicken, O2 tank says 'you wouldn't like me when I'm angry..'  |  Mythbusters O2 tank vs wall  |  EDIT2: O2 tank for teh lulz

EDIT3: Holy friggin crap (patience, watch it all, it's worth it).

From the comments of EDIT3: (read after watching, I should probably make a thread for this)
Spoiler:
Hows this for a theory
Fresh aluminum when exposed to air or O2 almost instantly grows an oxide film. This is an oxidation reaction that produces heat.
The bottle had about 3000 psi trying to push out the valve. Attempting to remove the valve with 3000 or so lbs friction force on the threads exposes fresh aluminum which will then go through an exothermic reaction with the pure oxygen. Reaction rate doubles with every 10 c increase in temp which may have caused thermal runaway .
Just a theory.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:28:36 pm by jr2 »

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
The heck with that, have you ever tried aiming a rifle when you coughed blood on the sights? This chemical warfare crap is for the birds. Why didn't somebody anticipate the need for sealed armor, dammit? These are aliens, they could have virulent diseases or god knows what, and we don't have any goddamn sealed armor in the 2100s!

Dammit Command.

I'll write up my next post later, but I think the fact that Scotty and Dragon missed those first UFO interceptions has screwed us over. Because our next suit of armour is sealed, and you get it from researching a Scout UFO, Craft Armour (Unlocked after the Scout), and one of the floating pods (Larva) - It basically renders Larva a null threat (And it has the amusing name of Beekeeper). The Scout Research takes a long time and we're severely behind the tech curve.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Make way, make way. Spoonzer elite coming through.

Now in X-COM tanks didn't gained any experienced, hows that handled in this game?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Make way, make way. Spoonzer elite coming through.

Now in X-COM tanks didn't gained any experienced, hows that handled in this game?

Same way. Which strikes me as a tad daft since they obviously have drivers this time around, but that's the game mechanic *shrug*

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
At least until you get ED-209.

A Feddie Story

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
YOU HAVE NINE SECONDS TO COMPL-*DAKKA-DAKKA-DAKKA*
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

We'd have to play UFO Afterlight for experienced tanks, and it's kinda **** when it comes to dramatic tension because you can't rename or afford to lose people.

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Next report pls!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Next report pls!

Just away to write it up, although it's a precursor to having to restart. I ballsed up. Not downing a Scout UFO in the first month has killed us.

Edit: Belay that, Imgur is derping and this post will be image heavy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:55:02 pm by Ravenholme »

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
With NGTM-1R in hospital, he's sitting out the raid on the Fighter class UFO we downed.

Whilst Scourge is cruising Raider #1 over Southern Ilyria towards the crashsite, NGTM-1R is busy coughing up his lungs whilst the medics do their best to save him, Deathfun takes his slot for the mission.

The crashsite turns out to be in the town of Prosperity Wells, and the town is eerily silent, besides the damage from the crash there appears to be some damage due to battle. Scourge sets the team down at the edge of a park around a block from the crash site, and the Spoonzer disembarks to check the immediate area.

The team follows up behind the Spoonzer, Deathfun fitting naturally into their M.O., and with Trashman advancing alongside the tank to provide heavy fire pointed forward.

They advance to contact around the nearby building, which turns out to be a Police Station. Trashman finds the first alien, one of the pods having moved to check out the landing dropship.

The Spoonzer takes it out, as Deathfun moves up to support the forward advance, and LHN91 and CommanderDJ cover the flanks and the rear.

Advancing around the Police Station to the downed UFO, with LHN91 clearing the interior (no contacts) is a simple affair, encountering another couple of the pod-aliens, which the Spoonzer promptly dispatched, and we end up at the crashsite, and the soldiers and tank form a perimeter at the doors to prepare to breach it.

Deathfun kills a gas-pod flanking around the side of the UFO as Spoon, CommanderDJ and Trashman breach it.

There is movement in the room to the south of the UFO, and Trashman uses a stun rocket on it, saving CommanderDJ's life from a snakelike alien hiding in the room.

With the Snake Alien stunned, the mission ends.

pt.2 coming soon

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp