Author Topic: Anyone got Blue shift?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Anyone got Blue shift?
I got it from a friend a few days ago but the high definition pack will just not install. Even though halflife is installed on both my win2K and win95 OS'es blueshift will not find it and I can't extract the PAK file with all of the high definition content. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Blue**** is known to have alot of problems, including corruption of half-life paks, constant crashes on slower computers, and many other things that make it 'not worth it'. Anywho, try updating to the latest version of half-life. If that fails to work, reinstall half-life without patching it.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by vadar_1
Blue**** is known to have alot of problems, including corruption of half-life paks, constant crashes on slower computers, and many other things that make it 'not worth it'. Anywho, try updating to the latest version of half-life. If that fails to work, reinstall half-life without patching it.

Tried it and tried it. :)

I've already completed the game I just want the high definition content to install with halflife. I've not seen any issues with it and searching for it also comes up null.

*Maeglamor scratches head*

The most exciting addition from the high-def content is the replacement of the MP-5 model with an M-4 model...

Wa-hoo.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
BTW vadar, have you actually played it?

It's quite good if a little short and certainly doesn't deserve to be slammed. I had no installation problems with the game and it ran very well on my humble 300MHz K6.
It's the high def. installer that's the problem.

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
The whole thing wouldn't run, and just killed half-life. I had to reinstall half-life after trying to install it. I admit I never played it (never got to), I hated opp-forces, you really start getting sick of black mesa.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Blue Shift was damned good. It always ran fine on my machine and installed properly (make sure Half Life is installed to its default directory). The Hi-def pack made everything replayable I thought. Also, the quality of the maps was higher in Blue Shift than in the original half life, mainly because the designers must have worked on it b4.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
I got stuck.