Author Topic: My new comp, and Fs2...  (Read 1777 times)

My new comp, and Fs2...
I just got a new system:

P4 2.53GHZ
512DDR Ram
32mb SiS 650 3d Accelerator
the rest are fine...

How will Fs2 run on my system? I know it's well well above the mins, but I'm a bit afraid of my SiS 3dcard, cause everyone said it sux.  Oh well, i don't wanna start ANOTHER topic on how SiS sucks, but it's GOTTA be better then my old 8mb ATI RAGE PRO right?

Oh btw what PCI video card should I upgrade to(No AGP, :( Cause the SiS card is intergrated)  in the future, in case I get too pissed off at the 650 and pour my coffee all over it...

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I have a P3 450Mhz, and 8mb s3 savage 4, and 128mb of memory, and FS still runs very well
you have NOTHING to wory about
(well not as far as FS running well, you still have to wory about dieing and stuff like that, but that isn't related to the topic at hand)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Razor

I have almsot as same as B man but I have  aGe-Force 256 32MB DDR but still FS on my PC isn't going quite well. I might get a new one with GE-FORCE 3 64MB.
Anyway, your CPU is insanely too high but the rest is quite OK.
Have fun with your new PC!

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
if you meet the minimum requirements then go for it!

i'd say do it now before you start installing stuff on it so that if (note: if) something goes wrong you can format or something, and not lose too much.

Yeap,   computers cant hold a full hard disk.   Then it tells you in the error cheker in scan disk,  that you have bad clusters,  and it cant be fixed,  it happend to a DELL of my cousin,  he use it for art stuff and grafics,  also music editing,  and thats a lot,  It have to be canged the Hard Disk,  we could backup some parts of the files,  but a lot was lost.   Well,  now it ok.    

I got a P3 833
GF4 64M.
192 Ram
45 GB H.D.  

And i set the FS2 Game to Max.
:p :p  :p